The "Official" Tuna Thread - Page 49
Like Tree22597Likes

Thread: The "Official" Tuna Thread

Page 49 of 543 FirstFirst ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 99 149 ... LastLast

Re: The "Official" Tuna Thread

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

OMEGA - ROLEX - SEIKO - LONGINES - CERTINA - HALIOS - TIMEX

Banned

as much as i am warming up to a 600m Springer, Electrics rule, they are so much better, over all, in so many ways.
    I may have to have a 600springer to tinker with but the true electics are so hard to beat, in so many catagories.

Quote Originally Posted by area51 View Post
    as much as i am warming up to a 600m Springer, Electrics rule, they are so much better, over all, in so many ways.
    I may have to have a 600springer to tinker with but the true electics are so hard to beat, in so many catagories.
    I'd be interested in hearing a bit of elaboration on your opinion, just out of curiosity.

This is my first Tuna... now I am waiting for the postman to bring his little brother... the sbbn015 I'm afraid that this fish breeds a bit too easily

Quote Originally Posted by Silmatic View Post
    Here you go... first photo... and my first Tuna
    Attachment 1224463

Just got this one. Very comfortable and the finishing is ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned

The simplicity of a step motor and associated parts is many times more reliable than a device of similar nature that has many many more moving parts.
    A reliability analasys would prove that out easily.
    As a power engineer the electrics get my vote every time, i can change the battery myself when the appocolyptic thing comes, hope so, sure getting tired of waiting.
    The mechanicals are higher maint, cost more for much less technology, its all gaget stuff we get with the springers on down, the SD is unque and a big step up no doubt, however still not as robust or reliable as a pure heavy udty quartz movement, mind you not opinion but a techical accuracy and easy to support fact.
    It gets down to what we want and find fun.
    Certainly the case, level of fit and finsih, materials all come into conssideration, agreed fully, where the movements are concerned, if reliability, ease and cost of service are top considerations, bang for buck the quartz movements win out easily, the rest is sex appeal and flash.
    Enough for now, dinner calls.
    Thx,
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Robotaz View Post
    I'd be interested in hearing a bit of elaboration on your opinion, just out of curiosity.
    Last edited by area51; November 12th, 2013 at 15:14. Reason: spelling yeow

Name:  7549 new vintage look second hand 500x.jpg
Views: 989
Size:  65.1 KB my 7549

Quote Originally Posted by area51 View Post
    Certainly the case, level of fit and finsih, materials all come into conssideration, agreed fully, where the movements are concerned, if reliability, ease and cost of service are top considerations, bang for buck the quartz movements win out easily, the rest is sex appeal and flash.
    All good points, but based on this sound reasoning, a solid state Casio digital rules all. Of course WUS aren't about reasonable thought processes though.

Kind Regards,
    Nick
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________________________

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dnslater View Post
    All good points, but based on this sound reasoning, a solid state Casio digital rules all. Of course WUS aren't about reasonable thought processes though.
    Fully agreed, as i mentioned at a point of reasonable departures, sex appeal, materials, fit and finish bitchen factor on and on take over.
    We are reach price point resistances of various levels, bang for buck, on and on.
    The mechaniclas are probably more tinket toy fun, i admit that.
    They will never take a beatin and keep tickin the way a qaurtz of pretty much any type will, o.k accept the swiss quartz, i tihnk they build them bad to discourage the quartz market, or maybe they just arnt any good at the high tech stuff.
    I agree,
    Self indulgances rule.
    Thx,
    Gary
    dnslater likes this.

Managed to track down a pre-loved Emp Tuna within geographical travel range that I'm interested in picking up. Are there any "must do's" when looking at the actual watch? Obviously, I'll be hunting down any scratches or scuff marks with a large magnifying glass, but aside from that... Should I be dropping by some Seiko dealer to check if the watch was stolen/fell off a truck/is a masterfully done replica?

Page 49 of 543 FirstFirst ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 99 149 ... LastLast