The "Official" Tuna Thread - Page 50
Like Tree22840Likes

Thread: The "Official" Tuna Thread

Page 50 of 550 FirstFirst ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 100 150 ... LastLast

Re: The "Official" Tuna Thread

Quote Originally Posted by biatch0 View Post
    Managed to track down a pre-loved Emp Tuna within geographical travel range that I'm interested in picking up. Are there any "must do's" when looking at the actual watch? Obviously, I'll be hunting down any scratches or scuff marks with a large magnifying glass, but aside from that... Should I be dropping by some Seiko dealer to check if the watch was stolen/fell off a truck/is a masterfully done replica?
    confirm service ice history and/or age.

Kind Regards,
    Nick
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________________________

Well, apparently it's only 3 months old... so no service history. I'm thinking of meeting the seller at a Seiko retailer to hopefully have someone who knows what they're doing have a look at the watch.

Just got another 017 and I'm loving it. Here it is with the recently acquired Shogun.

dirk, dnslater, tissotgirl and 9 others like this.
    Hidden Content
    Current Collection:
    Rolex Sea-Dweller 116600
    Seiko Tuna SBBN031
    Seiko Shogun SBDC029
    Seiko SRP777 Turtle
    Seiko SRPA21 PADI Turtle
    Seiko SKX173
    Seiko Chrono
    Orient Mako
    Casio DW6900, GW6900, DW2900, DW5600

Instagram: _smalls83

Banned

Smalls how do you like the 007, that may be the best value of all this stuff for a daily watch, really starting to like th idea of the all Ti and basic movmentof the Sumos, the 017 is a great value also, now you need a 22mm OD Iso for the band, i have severl iso, theonly way of that type, the 007 is a far better valeu than its look alike euo cousin the roly sub, i have one not a good value at all these dya i dont care what the euro types think or say.
    Nice watches, very nice.
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by area51 View Post
    Smalls how do you like the 007, that may be the best value of all this stuff for a daily watch, really starting to like th idea of the all Ti and basic movmentof the Sumos, the 017 is a great value also, now you need a 22mm OD Iso for the band, i have severl iso, theonly way of that type, the 007 is a far better valeu than its look alike euo cousin the roly sub, i have one not a good value at all these dya i dont care what the euro types think or say.
    Nice watches, very nice.
    Gary
    the 007 is great. One of the most comfortable watches for its size. And just ordered an iso for the Tuna. IMO the new Subs are fantastic and it'll be the last one to leave the collection but the Shogun offers a nice change of pace with its larger size and Ti construction.
    Hidden Content
    Current Collection:
    Rolex Sea-Dweller 116600
    Seiko Tuna SBBN031
    Seiko Shogun SBDC029
    Seiko SRP777 Turtle
    Seiko SRPA21 PADI Turtle
    Seiko SKX173
    Seiko Chrono
    Orient Mako
    Casio DW6900, GW6900, DW2900, DW5600

Instagram: _smalls83

Quote Originally Posted by area51 View Post
    The simplicity of a step motor and associated parts is many times more reliable than a device of similar nature that has many many more moving parts.
    A reliability analasys would prove that out easily.
    As a power engineer the electrics get my vote every time, i can change the battery myself when the appocolyptic thing comes, hope so, sure getting tired of waiting.
    The mechanicals are higher maint, cost more for much less technology, its all gaget stuff we get with the springers on down, the SD is unque and a big step up no doubt, however still not as robust or reliable as a pure heavy udty quartz movement, mind you not opinion but a techical accuracy and easy to support fact.
    It gets down to what we want and find fun.
    Certainly the case, level of fit and finsih, materials all come into conssideration, agreed fully, where the movements are concerned, if reliability, ease and cost of service are top considerations, bang for buck the quartz movements win out easily, the rest is sex appeal and flash.
    Enough for now, dinner calls.
    Thx,
    Gary
    Hmm. I can see your point, but the electrical beauty aspect bores me. And that's coming from an electrical engineer. I don't practice it, but I do have an MSEE. Interestingly, the mechanics of watches are a welcome detour away from electronics from my perspective.

So I must ask, now that you were kind enough to elaborate, do you have an opinion on how your quartz tuna would compare to, let's say, a lube-free Si movement that could potentially last decades with no service at all (i.e., Damasko Si or any other high-end)? I ask because I have been debating SHTF duty for a watch for several years. While the Tuna is a great one, I'm not sure about it being the best. It's possible at its price point that it is, however.

Quote Originally Posted by mks4 View Post
    Just got this one. Very comfortable and the finishing is ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    R u 4 real? It just looks sick!
    maxchua likes this.
    ๑۩۞۩๑Seiko๑۩۞۩๑
    Bulova Dress Watch

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by satiriadis View Post
    R u 4 real? It just looks sick!
    I think he means ridiculous in a good way.

The Tuna is great for every situation.
    Relaxation...

Office duty...

Wine country...

And snorkel time...

Quote Originally Posted by Giggo View Post
    The Tuna is great for every situation.
    Relaxation...

Office duty...

Wine country...

hehe I recognized the location in your photos!

My two say hi from out in east county!

I'm new to the Tuna's just had a wild hair to go after the 7549 and liked it so much I got the 017 too!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions.
    NO PayPal? NO deal!
    188 million other people use PayPal without a problem, it's not everybody else that's daffy, it's you.

Page 50 of 550 FirstFirst ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 100 150 ... LastLast