WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

The "Official" Tuna Thread

3M views 19K replies 2K participants last post by  Rikimaru 
#1 ·
Ok...we have an "Official" Sumo thread so i think we need an "Official" Tuna thread. Let's get all of the Tunas (past and present) together in one thread for our viewing pleasure. Her is my quick and dirty pic taken a few minutes ago. Let's see them all!

See less See more
#200 · (Edited)
My Tuna

Here are a few pics of my Tuna. I have just received it from the good folks at Higuchi. HIGUCHI-INC

I highly recommend them as people to buy from, the service is impecable and they are very pleasant to deal with. Delivery to the UK took about a week. I have never been so excited tracking a parcel.

After 3 days it's only runing 3seconds slow :-!

As you can see I've fitted it with a NATO strap. I have kept the original with the box and papers.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Green Fashion accessory

Shown here with some of my other tools. None of them are lookers, they're tools to do a job and still have film put through them. The rough paint, brassing and dings add to the history and character. This is going to be looked after but as with all things no material is perfect, the finish may fade, it will pick up scratches and develop a patina all of its own. I'm really looking forward to giving it a lifetime of ownership.

Camera accessory Cameras & optics Point-and-shoot camera Camera Camera lens

#207 ·
I've had mine for about 2 months now. After two months its only running 1 second fast which is pretty good in my book. I've found that the watch clasp is practically a scratch magnet. I don't know whether it's titanium or not but the clasp has way more scratches than my 3 year old Sumo's. I'm kind of OCD about that kind of thing so it really kills me.

#211 ·
#214 ·
Hi everyone,
I have been wearing my Professional 600M since 1982. I bought it in Iceland when I was stationed there. Still wearing it today. I found this site looking for a minor repair. One of our members posted a link to IWM "Jack". I sent him an email and hope to hear from him. My only problem is the bezel rubber gasket is broken. I hope he can fix. Here are some pictures.

I hope to keep wearing this for another 50 years. :)

v/r Paul
Misawaboy Analog watch Watch accessory Watch Strap Fashion accessory
Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory
Buckle Strap Belt Fashion accessory Lock

#215 ·
Hi everyone,
I have been wearing my Professional 600M since 1982. I bought it in Iceland when I was stationed there. Still wearing it today. I found this site looking for a minor repair. One of our members posted a link to IWM "Jack". I sent him an email and hope to hear from him. My only problem is the bezel rubber gasket is broken. I hope he can fix. Here are some pictures.

I hope to keep wearing this for another 50 years. :)

v/r Paul
Misawaboy View attachment 863192 View attachment 863193 View attachment 863194
Watch looks likes it's in excellent condition considering you've been wearing it, I assume, as a daily wearer.
There appears to be gunk build up underneath the bezel.

You might want to send it in for a check up. I've heard nothing but overwhelming positive feedback about Jack. Even though your Tuna's in working order now, he'll probably have the gaskets replaced and give the watch a good look over to see if everything's in order.

In any case, I'm impressed that your piece has stood the test of time. The Tunas truly are built to be used for a long, long time.

Thank you for sharing!

#216 ·
OT- Jack at IWW is stellar, he has done work on my MM300, Sumo, and SKX007. He is very fimular with Seiko. Tell Jack to do a once over and then provide his direction. He will lead you in the right direction.

BTW- Amazing Tuna! I can't believe the condition considering how long you have had it, wear it well.

#221 ·
Hi all Tuna enthusiasts, I'm wondering whether the SBBN007, SBBN015 and SBBN023 are all of the same size? I have inspected the 007 and 023 and they both feel a bit small. I would really like a 023 or 015 but I'm a bit concerned about its size. For reference, here is a picture of me wearing a 47mm Caesar/SKA383.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/to9sjpuk86oa37p/IMG_20130117_150300.jpg

#225 ·
Received my SBBN017 on Saturday. Seller was "ibuyjp" on the 'bay and I can confirm a good buying experience. Price was reasonable - $950 shipped and insured, although it looks like they're now selling for a little less. It took about 5 days to arrive at my house from Japan. I haven't received any bills for the import yet, so fingers crossed. The watch is everything I'd hoped it would be. A small note... I usually hate Seiko rubber dive straps (the Z22 series, at least), but the B22 series strap on the Tuna is awesome. The rubber is way more pliable and comfortable, and the signed metal keeper is a nice touch, too. I temporarily put my watch on a Strapcode mesh that had been sitting around. I really like the look, but I have a bjstrap on order which should be here in the next couple of weeks.

For the longest time, I couldn't justify spending a grand on any watch... it just felt wasteful, as I kept coming up with a list of "better" ways to use the money. After buying a slew of cheaper watches to fill the void, I realized I'd never get over the Tuna I desired so much and finally pulled the trigger. I'm 100% satisfied and hope that this will be my last watch purchase for a while. Time to repaint the kitchen, upgrade some windows around the house, etc. :)

Watch Analog watch Wrist Fashion accessory Watch accessory

(There's also a pic in my signature.)