The "Official" Tuna Thread - Page 8
Like Tree26259Likes

Thread: The "Official" Tuna Thread

Page 8 of 633 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 58 108 508 ... LastLast

Re: The "Official" Tuna Thread

Quote Originally Posted by petew View Post
    Price increases are due to the refinements listed above. Also to add, the hands on the 015 are brushed and definitely nicer than those of the 007 also, the black insert has a hardening treatment applied.

All the little things add up and remember any cost increase to a manufacturer can often quadruple by the time it gets to the consumers hands. Another note: in the 25 years that the 007 was out, Seiko might have increased the price of the 007 by maybe 30 U.S. dollars. Had they implemented 3% price increases every other year like many manufacturers, the new prices of the replacements wouldn't look so drastic.

And of course the big drop in value of the dollar vs. the yen has impacted the price to US buyers.
    +1.

Don't forget the USD prices we typically see for Japan-only watches include the costly shipment that the Japanese sellers must cover for international delivery to your door in a matter of days. It is an amazing operation -- they have to process the order, package the box well, ship very high priority, pay for the special delivery once in the US, with a delivery person specially running the package finally to you in the end. The cost of this shipping procedure is probably all rolled into the total price that we're seeing on the websites of Japanese sellers.

Worth every penny to me. (Especially in light of what has happened to Japan [March, 2011]... I don't mind sending money into the country.)

I just received the SBBN015 today. I'd say the price reflects the quality very fairly.

It is one solid watch and I'd buy it all over again. (In fact, I did. I had an SBBN017 but flipped it, missed it, so got this one.)

Best,
    Last edited by powerband; March 29th, 2011 at 02:20.
    Ticking Away the Moments that Make Up a Dull Day

Re: The "Official" Tuna Thread

Bumping with one of my new Tuna pics

Spring-Diver, P415B and dynosaur like this.

Re: Nice subdued 7549 Tunacan mariod, I had to look twice thinking you found a SP-1999

My grail attained early this month
    GW-200Z
    G-9000MS MIRB
    DW-5600MS MIRB
    Victorinox Classic Chrono Ti
    SEIKO 6309s
    SEIKO OM
    SS ECOZILLA
    SEIKO TUNA 7549-7010
    SEIKO TUNA SBBN007

Re: Nice subdued 7549 Tunacan mariod, I had to look twice thinking you found a SP-1999

Love 'em Tunas.

Name:  IMG_9088-Orange-Hand.jpg
Views: 3363
Size:  87.1 KB
    Artist's Concept

Let's keep this thread alive. Happy to be part of that club, love the TUNA!

~ Daniel ~

Quote Originally Posted by DM71 View Post
    Let's keep this thread alive. Happy to be part of that club, love the TUNA!

great pics!!
    I've recently fallen hard for your specific tuna model. I'm thinking of taking the leap in about a month but I'm still hesitant about the bracelet. Ive read many positive reports about the bracelet but I understand it tapers to 18mm at the clasp. I dislike tapering bracelets in general but really have never seen a bracelet taper to 18mm that I would like (examples being the Monster bracelet and a variant of the aftermarket super oyster).

Can you tell me at what point the bracelets begins to taper from 22mm and at what point it eventually tapers to 18mm? Any other thoughts on the weight and heft of this bracelet would be appreciated...I'm really concerned about how it will play on my 8 inch wrist

Lastly, can anyone speak to what makes this particular quartz movement so desirable? I see many comments about this being a great this movement but I haven't seen details on why as I understand this movement is not necessarily more accurate than a basic quartz movement.

Any direction/input is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by ky70 View Post
    great pics!!
    I've recently fallen hard for your specific tuna model. I'm thinking of taking the leap in about a month but I'm still hesitant about the bracelet. Ive read many positive reports about the bracelet but I understand it tapers to 18mm at the clasp. I dislike tapering bracelets in general but really have never seen a bracelet taper to 18mm that I would like (examples being the Monster bracelet and a variant of the aftermarket super oyster).

Can you tell me at what point the bracelets begins to taper from 22mm and at what point it eventually tapers to 18mm? Any other thoughts on the weight and heft of this bracelet would be appreciated...I'm really concerned about how it will play on my 8 inch wrist

Lastly, can anyone speak to what makes this particular quartz movement so desirable? I see many comments about this being a great this movement but I haven't seen details on why as I understand this movement is not necessarily more accurate than a basic quartz movement.

Any direction/input is appreciated.
    Thanks! The bracelet tapers from the first link attached to the lugs. It goes from 22mm to 19mm on that first link, then from 19mm to 18mm for the second link and all the other links are 18 mm. I do not know how it would fit on an 8" wrist, but I like it a lot on my 7" wrist. I doubt I will ever replace the bracelet on that watch. The weight is ok without being super heavy. I know many people dislike many 20mm Seiko bracelets, like the one on the Sumo, but I'm on the lovers side. This bracelet is very well made with the center links slightly recessed and with the ratcheting divers extension hidden in the clasp. I think it fits the watch to perfection. Also, concerning the crystal comment made by another member about the reflections, well, this must be the best crystal of all the watches in my collection. While it's true that it attracks some reflections(which really do not bother me), we have to keep in mind that this is a watch made for a specific function, which is to be use while diving and this is exactly where that crystal shines. It's magic! Under water that specific dome profile gives the widest viewing angle I have ever seen on a dive watch. No matter how wide the angle is, the crystal does not distort the dial at all ( or very little). Actually, the dial always looks straight and easy to read. Every other dive watches I have create a lot of distortion or mirror effect when on an angle and even with double dome crystal. I know I was quite impressed when I realized that myself. I do not know much about the MOVT, but I think it's a 7 jewels quartz and mine does hit the min/sec marks perfectly, which is a must for me on a quartz.
    ~ Daniel ~

Thank you for the great details...I do appreciate it. The bracelet sounds like it may be too narrow for me but I may give it try as it will be easy to sell the bracelet and I have a thicker 22mm throughout bracelet in mind.

Tuna love lives on...

Page 8 of 633 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 58 108 508 ... LastLast

Thread Information