Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Ordering from Rakuten Japan???

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Ordering from Rakuten Japan???

Here's one fun example: What does reimportation really mean?

Rare overseas model of domestic non-release, boasts of high popularity in Japan as reimportation watch.
    The chronograph function of popular No.1, it is equipped with a convenient alarm function.
    Function, design also is one of the undisputed! It is recommended to a present and a gift.

"Be thine own palace, or the world's thy jail." _ John Donne

Quote Originally Posted by Chronopolis View Post
    Here's one fun example: What does reimportation really mean?

Rare overseas model of domestic non-release, boasts of high popularity in Japan as reimportation watch.
    The chronograph function of popular No.1, it is equipped with a convenient alarm function.
    Function, design also is one of the undisputed! It is recommended to a present and a gift.

I would interpret it as a Japanese company's export only model that is being sold grey market back in Japan.

Country of manufacture, though? No idea.

The 're importation' *implies* that Japan is the country of origin, but I don't know what their regulations/definitions for country of origin are. I would just flat-out ask where it's made. And specifically, too.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Dimman View Post

I would just flat-out ask where it's made. And specifically, too.
    This is part of the problem; Seiko will not tell you where any watch is made(other than the very top tier models) irrespective of what is printed on it...I've flat out asked them

Quote Originally Posted by Pawl_Buster View Post
    This is part of the problem; Seiko will not tell you where any watch is made(other than the very top tier models) irrespective of what is printed on it...I've flat out asked them
    Hmm...

What exactly did you ask?

Maybe try a less direct but also more specific 'Which factories make the SARBxx model?' Or even down to the component (dial). Or process (final assembly).

Probably depends on who you ask, too.

Inactive

Hmm...

What exactly did you ask?

Maybe try a less direct but also more specific 'Which factories make the SARBxx model?' Or even down to the component (dial). Or process (final assembly).

Probably depends on who you ask, too.
    You be the judge. This is my third attempt to get info out of yserv(Seiko Japan)...

Our Ref. 30746

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your interest in SEIKO watches.

In reply to your inquiry, concerning the letters "J" and "K," they are only a part of the model reference number,
    and therefore they have no particular significance from a consumer viewpoint.

As for the factory information, we are afraid that it is not open to the public.

With best regards,
    CS Dept.
    SEIKO WATCH CORPORATION

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Saturday, April 13, 2013 2:49 AM
    To: yserv
    Subject: SKX007 production...

Hi,

Can you tell me in which Seiko plant(s) the SKX007K and SKX007J are produced?

Thank you,

Ancre Steam

You be the judge. This is my third attempt to get info out of yserv(Seiko Japan)...

Our Ref. 30746

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your interest in SEIKO watches.

In reply to your inquiry, concerning the letters "J" and "K," they are only a part of the model reference number,
    and therefore they have no particular significance from a consumer viewpoint.

As for the factory information, we are afraid that it is not open to the public.

With best regards,
    CS Dept.
    SEIKO WATCH CORPORATION

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Saturday, April 13, 2013 2:49 AM
    To: yserv
    Subject: SKX007 production...

Hi,

Can you tell me in which Seiko plant(s) the SKX007K and SKX007J are produced?

Thank you,

Ancre Steam
    Hmm..

Now I'm curious.

I'm assuming CS is Customer Service, which is maybe a step up over a retail sales clerk in usefulness of information.

I might give it a shot, myself. I do the occasional conversational English instruction with Japanese students here, and have a couple of acquaintances. Next class is Tuesday, and (if my attention span/motivation holds) may ask them if they could kindly write out an inquiry in keigo (super-polite form Japanese) and send it off to the Japanese side of Seiko's CS.

With Orient, they have no problem showing off their Japanese factory and assembly plants. Buuuuut there is pretty much zero mention of their plants in Brazil.

Probably the same with Seiko. If they don't proudly state made in Japan, then it probably isn't. Or at least not exclusively. (Model may be assembled in more than one factory, only one if which is in Japan.)

Fundamentally they want any reputation of quality attached to the company, I guess. Saves them money. But for an equal quality product of equal cost, I'd feel better knowing that someone was making a good wage (Japan) making my watch, rather than not.

Inactive

Hmm..

Now I'm curious.

I'm assuming CS is Customer Service, which is maybe a step up over a retail sales clerk in usefulness of information.

I might give it a shot, myself. I do the occasional conversational English instruction with Japanese students here, and have a couple of acquaintances. Next class is Tuesday, and (if my attention span/motivation holds) may ask them if they could kindly write out an inquiry in keigo (super-polite form Japanese) and send it off to the Japanese side of Seiko's CS.

With Orient, they have no problem showing off their Japanese factory and assembly plants. Buuuuut there is pretty much zero mention of their plants in Brazil.

Probably the same with Seiko. If they don't proudly state made in Japan, then it probably isn't. Or at least not exclusively. (Model may be assembled in more than one factory, only one if which is in Japan.)

Fundamentally they want any reputation of quality attached to the company, I guess. Saves them money. But for an equal quality product of equal cost, I'd feel better knowing that someone was making a good wage (Japan) making my watch, rather than not.
    While you're at it; maybe you could ask them if Seiko owns/owned the Stelux Company that supplied bracelets to their watches and why they claim 100% inhouse watches when they clearly are not...Precision Component Operations | HAYASHI SEIKI SEIZO Co., Ltd..

I doubt that you will receive anything more than polite double speak
    Audy likes this.

While you're at it; maybe you could ask them if Seiko owns/owned the Stelux Company that supplied bracelets to their watches and why they claim 100% inhouse watches when they clearly are not...Precision Component Operations | HAYASHI SEIKI SEIZO Co., Ltd..

I doubt that you will receive anything more than polite double speak

Ugh, Japanese corporate structure can be bafflingly Byzantine... The fact that 'Seiko' itself is actually 3 semi independent companies should be an indication of the maze ahead in that area...

We will see. Today I am curious, but it will depend on Tuesday as well as if my student is interested too.

As for polite doublespeak, that is just a part of interpreting Japanese, beyond just the literal.

Bucherer
    Bulova
    Casio
    Gruen
    Huber
    Medalist
    Omega
    Orient
    Seiko
    Timex
    Tissot

Inactive

Ugh, Japanese corporate structure can be bafflingly Byzantine... The fact that 'Seiko' itself is actually 3 semi independent companies should be an indication of the maze ahead in that area...

We will see. Today I am curious, but it will depend on Tuesday as well as if my student is interested too.

As for polite doublespeak, that is just a part of interpreting Japanese, beyond just the literal.
    It will in deed be interesting if anything worthwhile can be extracted using your channels

Ratuken jp is offering Free Shipping on order $100 or more you guys should check it out I bought both seiko skx007 and skx009 today succesfful and both are being shipped out today.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information