WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Orient diver quartz impression n pics needed

27K views 58 replies 34 participants last post by  Mitja 
#1 ·
Someone does have Orient Dive quartz for reference...??
I know they does some very good automatic watch....
But what about the quartz powered?
:think:
Trying to find out some information about this one...
does this worth buying it?
How about the lume?
Someone does have experience with those?
Thank you so much...guys.....

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
CIAO!!

I've seen them in person, and they are really terrific, much nicer than the famous Mako, i asked about them on the oriental watch forum, and a couple of people said that they were good, solid pieces.
The quartz module is probably made by Seiko.
Very nice watch.

Red

#5 ·
That's a good looking Orient. I really like the shape of the case. I would also be interested in a model number for it.

#15 ·
Tried looking on ebay and haven't found them. Could you post a link. Handsome watches. I'm interested. Thanks

#9 ·
Hi Upstanding Citizen,

Just in relation to that diameter measurement you got from eBay, it would appear that measurement is just the bezel diameter measurement as it measures 40.5mm

The diameter from the case at the 9 position to the inside of the crown guard is 41mm and to the outside of the crown guard is 43mm.

It looks quite a large watch.

#10 ·
Hi Upstanding Citizen,

Just in relation to that diameter measurement you got from eBay, it would appear that measurement is just the bezel diameter measurement as it measures 40.5mm

The diameter from the case at the 9 position to the inside of the crown guard is 41mm and to the outside of the crown guard is 43mm.

It looks quite a large watch.
Duly noted, I should have specified that the measurement was without the crown. It is now edited to reflect that fact. :)

#17 ·
kew, thanks. Surprisingly inexpensive. Handsome watch. Checked the dimensions and at 40mm seems a bit small?

#18 ·
Cool, thanks for the info. I'm really liking that blue one :-!

#21 ·
That's a great pic Kew, i tried the cushion cased diver and then the mako, the cushion shaped was really bigger, felt nicer, and looked more atractive IMHO. I tried to buy it, but the store had a problem with my cc, thay wanted me to go personally to the bank to sort "things" out. Its an affordable watch so i just asumed they were incompetent and desisted on the purchase. now their gone :rodekaart. The Mako is still there.
So, for those who want to know the size, try on a Mako, and know that this diver is bigger.

Red

#28 ·
WOW! Super photos. Pretty nice watch too;-)

Anybody think there should be a sticky thread bout "How to take AMAZING photos of your favorite time piece"? (Is there a thread already??) I'm always wondering what kind of lighting, equipment, and aperture etc. that everyone is using. Hmm, not that it would help me at the moment...I'm using my wife's old Fuji S5000. Might be interesting if you guys with all the skills set it up. Cheers

#31 ·
I looked into, and seriously considered, this watch before I got my Seiko SKX. I don't know how it compares to Seiko quality, or indeed quality "in the flesh", but it looks like a good quartz alternative to the Mako and is very very affordable indeed.

Looks are subjective, I thought it looked a bit old fashioned but of course many people like it and it has some nice features.

It suggest it would be interesting if someone who owns this watch could write up a good review and post in this section and the affordable section.

I always thought it has a lot going for it at a great price point and many people could be interested in it. Since it is by Orient and generally they make high quality products, a review would really help members who are looking for a quartz very affordable jap diver.

#33 ·
Niiiice!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.