Popular Seiko Models Discontinued -- Including SARB065 Cocktail Time - Page 8
Like Tree94Likes

Thread: Popular Seiko Models Discontinued -- Including SARB065 Cocktail Time

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Re: Popular Seiko Models Discontinued -- Including SARB065 Cocktail Time

I recommend a Hirsch Medici curved end strap. Water resistant and can stand the wear-and-tear. You can get them from WatchObsession for between $45 and $50. The one I got is the closest I could get to replicating the original Cocktail Time strap I had on the watch for two years without all of its worst qualities.
    Name:  DSCN8927.JPG
Views: 662
Size:  2.74 MB
    Name:  DSCN8919.JPG
Size:  2.69 MB
    Name:  DSCN8931.JPG
Views: 656
Size:  2.76 MB
    Invicta 2875, Citizen Eco-Drive Calibre 9000 Minute Repeater, 1965 Seiko Sportsmatic 5 Weekdater, 1940s Doxa with Small Seconds, Early 1950s Seiko (Still identifying movement), Bulova 96A110 Mechanical, Stuhrling Millenial Ravine Hand-Wind, Citizen Eco-Drive Calibre 8651, Stuhrling Original Zeppelin Skeleton, Christopher Ward C5 Malvern, Stuhrling Original Tuskegee Flier, Stuhrling Original Executive II, Seiko Cocktail Time SARB065, Seiko Presage SARX015, Bulova Precisionist Wilton, Bulova Precisionist 98B224 Big Blue, Eterna KonTiki Date, Citizen World Perpetual A-T, Citizen Signature Grand Classic NB0040-07A Silver Ice, FitBit Charge 2

Quote Originally Posted by Sevenmack View Post
    I recommend a Hirsch Medici curved end strap. Water resistant and can stand the wear-and-tear. You can get them from WatchObsession for between $45 and $50. The one I got is the closest I could get to replicating the original Cocktail Time strap I had on the watch for two years without all of its worst qualities.
    Name:  DSCN8927.JPG
Size:  2.74 MB
    Name:  DSCN8919.JPG
Size:  2.69 MB
    Name:  DSCN8931.JPG
Views: 656
Size:  2.76 MB
    That looks great.

Is there a way to get the Seiko deployant off the the OEM strap and on to that Medici?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

There are still many to purchase. I just go mine in today from Shoppinginjapan.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante231 View Post
    Is there a way to get the Seiko deployant off the the OEM strap and on to that Medici?
    Depending on one's wrist size, putting the Seiko deployant clasp on a strap intended for a regular tang and buckle could offset the closed clasp a centimeter off-center on the underside of the wrist. I noticed if I use a strap with a short buckle end, it sits more centered on my 6.75-inch wrist.

Mine arrived last week. The hour hand is slightly lagging when the minute hand strikes 0/12. It's only when the minute hand points at 4-5 minute market the hour hand is aligned with the 12 hour marker. Should I do something about this or just leave as is?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. James Duffy View Post
    Depending on one's wrist size, putting the Seiko deployant clasp on a strap intended for a regular tang and buckle could offset the closed clasp a centimeter off-center on the underside of the wrist. I noticed if I use a strap with a short buckle end, it sits more centered on my 6.75-inch wrist.
    So where did you get the deployant buckle that's on your strap? The whole thing looks sweet and saving the wear on the strap seems worthwhile.

Popular Seiko Models Discontinued -- Including SARB065 Cocktail Time

So where did you get the deployant buckle that's on your strap? The whole thing looks sweet and saving the wear on the strap seems worthwhile.
    The Cocktail Time comes with a signed Seiko deployant buckle as do many in their Mechanical and Presage lines. They are also available separately as an OEM part available online in parts, auction and marketplace sites.

It uses an 18mm spring bar but there are versions for 20mm and 16mm, too.
    Last edited by Mr. James Duffy; March 17th, 2017 at 17:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. James Duffy View Post
    The Cocktail Time comes with a signed Seiko deployant buckle as do many in their Mechanical and Presage lines. They are also available separately as an OEM part available online in parts, auction and marketplace sites.

It uses an 18mm spring bar but there are versions for 20mm and 16mm, too.
    Great. Didn't​ realize I could use the Seiko deployant with that strap. You're warning about wrist orientation is well-taken.

That looks great.

Pretty easy. Just use the spring bar tool to pull the deployant off the OEM strap (as well as take the buckle off the Medici), then use that spring bar to attach it on to the new strap. Will take less time than it did to put the strap on the watch.
    Invicta 2875, Citizen Eco-Drive Calibre 9000 Minute Repeater, 1965 Seiko Sportsmatic 5 Weekdater, 1940s Doxa with Small Seconds, Early 1950s Seiko (Still identifying movement), Bulova 96A110 Mechanical, Stuhrling Millenial Ravine Hand-Wind, Citizen Eco-Drive Calibre 8651, Stuhrling Original Zeppelin Skeleton, Christopher Ward C5 Malvern, Stuhrling Original Tuskegee Flier, Stuhrling Original Executive II, Seiko Cocktail Time SARB065, Seiko Presage SARX015, Bulova Precisionist Wilton, Bulova Precisionist 98B224 Big Blue, Eterna KonTiki Date, Citizen World Perpetual A-T, Citizen Signature Grand Classic NB0040-07A Silver Ice, FitBit Charge 2

Quote Originally Posted by Sevenmack View Post
    Pretty easy. Just use the spring bar tool to pull the deployant off the OEM strap (as well as take the buckle off the Medici), then use that spring bar to attach it on to the new strap. Will take less time than it did to put the strap on the watch.
    That was a secondary​ question. Thank you. At least I know it's possible.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information