WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Post your mods here =>

5M views 22K replies 3K participants last post by  Johnboy0103 
G
#1 · (Edited)
After seeing all of the various "mods" threads I thought maybe we should have a clearing house sort of thread that everyone could post to. Sticky maybe?

Here is my 007 done by Yobokies. New dial, hands, aluminum chapter ring and GMT bezel on a Jurgens Flieger strap.

And here it is on a Watchadoo:

See less See more
#21,203 · (Edited)
First post in the Mod forum and first attempt at a build.

Summary:
It was fun and I learned a lot. In hindsight, I probably should not have tried to convert a standard dial to an NH34 as my first build, but oh well...

Pros: My first attempt at setting the hands went better than expected. Bog standard NH34 currently -1 second after 12 hours.

Cons: Research into techniques for enlarging the dial hole suggested widening to 2.7 mm (specs call for 2.88). However, the softness of the brass combined with overly aggressive filing technique caused an "exit wound" effect that is visible after hand installation.

View attachment 17972738

View attachment 17972739

View attachment 17972741
Update: New dial, new attempt. This time the results were great. Gentle filing from both sides of the dial eliminated the "exit wound" effect, and the smaller hole is covered by the GMT hand. I ended up with ~2.55 mm diameter hole. Probably could have gotten away with 2.5 or maybe even 2.45, but I wanted to leave space for tolerance.

This time with a black Nato:

Watch Analog watch Gesture Clock Finger

Watch Analog watch Clock Font Watch accessory

#21,211 ·
#21,214 ·
Update: New dial, new attempt. This time the results were great. Gentle filing from both sides of the dial eliminated the "exit wound" effect, and the smaller hole is covered by the GMT hand. I ended up with ~2.55 mm diameter hole. Probably could have gotten away with 2.5 or maybe even 2.45, but I wanted to leave space for tolerance.

This time with a black Nato:

View attachment 18040921
View attachment 18040924
That's a 10/10 execution, just amazing 😍

#21,216 ·
Reactions: CDNS
#21,220 ·
Here are some better pics....just for Chronopolis.... (No one else is allowed to view them! :ROFLMAO:)

View attachment 18046338
I like how you "abused" that insert -- by "miscegenating" it with other parts.
I did the same with mine.
I've always really liked that "DOXA" insert. But never wanted to do myself a copy (aka, "SOXA").
So, I mixed things up too.

2 versions. SKX009, with a glossy blue dial from an SNKL model.
And a Turtle with an ebay (Rafflestime) grey dial.

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Font

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Rectangle