WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Problems with my bullhead! Help.

638 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Citizen V 
#1 ·
Hi. I have a bullhead and I was convinced it wasn't working properly. When wearing it i always have the chrono second hand moving, however this only lasts for around an hour then stops (I assume the whole watch stops). So I thought that's it it needs repairing. I took it to a repairer who wants $300 to look at the watch, once he's looking the cost could rise, anyway I put the watch in my draw as I couldnt afford to get it mended.

I'm desperate to get it back up and running so have it on my wrist now. The chrono second is not moving but I can hear it ticking when by my ear. The watch is keeping good time at the moment. So is it just my lack of knowledge? Is this how it should be worn?

I also read tonight that if wearing the watch you should keep the chrono second hand on otherwise there's un due pressure and it will wear out?!? So what do I do? Wear the watch without the chrono going but wear the mechanism or not wear it all. As mentioned, if the chrono hand is moving it stops after a while.

Any help, advice or guidelines would be great. Cheers.

#2 ·
(I assume the whole watch stops) - The chrono second is not moving but I can hear it ticking when by my ear.
So the whole watch hasn't really stopped.

I suggest try wearing it for a while and see if the watch continues to keep good time - regardless of the operation or not of the chronograph part.

How old is the watch by the way?

I'm desperate to get it back up and running so have it on my wrist now.
Shop around for prices

#8 ·
I believe this is the way for Citizens: first digit is the year in the decade (_ _ _7). For 6 digit serials, the 2nd digit is the month and the last three months are O, N and D. For 7 or 8 digit serials, the 2nd/3rd digits are the month. The decade has to be 'guessed' but I believe the Bullheads are from the 70s. So I think this would date to October 1977.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.