WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Resizing sumo bracelet

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  squash master 
#1 ·
Hi all,
Ive recently bought a sumo and plan to resize the bracelet on my own. I have problems putting the collar back.
I'm not sure if the collar should be slotted in the middle link (https://justasmallblog.wordpress.com/2012/07/19/how-to-resize-a-seiko-collar-and-pin-watch-band/) or slotted in at the other end (Resizing a Monster Bracelet | How to Resize a Seiko Monster Bracelet | Watch It All About). There are 2 websites that shows 2 different methods.

I also have problems putting in the collar in the middle link as well. Cant seems to fit in either side of the holes. Is it suppose to be difficult to slot in the middle link?

Thank you

#2 ·
Each Sumo link pin is held by two hollow circular tubes at both ends.

When you push the pin out, the side you are pushing from loses the circular tube.

It was very tricky, and I had to use two pin removers to assemble the link pin and tube back: One remover pushing, and another one holding the other end's hollow tube against the pin.

I ended up losing couple tubes, so be extra careful!

Good luck!

#3 ·
That 1st link you include has far better info relative to the other one. I've done a few of these, and like m0tty says, it's easy to lose the collar the 1st time. I'd make sure when you get ready to do this that you have a large smooth piece of dark fabric (flat) that you can work on so when the collar drops out of the link you can find it.

#7 ·
As best as I remember the Sumo collars go in the outer link. I found it best to feed the pin in from the pointy end of the arrow (with the thick end of the pin at the arrow tip end) so that the bracelet was held together then put the pesky little collar in the blunt end of the arrow. The presence of the centre link stops the little blighter falling straight through. With a bit of messing about collar and pin can be re-united. Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.