WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

SARB035 on NATO

4K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  CHD Dad 
#1 ·
I like NATO's too but on this watch it just doesn't fit, the bracelet or a nice brown strap works best IMO.

#2 ·
Curious what you all think about my new combo. My wife doesnt like it. My WIS friends like it. My wife prefers the bracelet or the black buffalo strap I normally wear with it. I dont wear bracelets often anymore. I dont need to dress up for work and I find NATO's and leather straps just more comfy in the Southern heat and humidity. I love that I can quickly and inexpensively change a watches looks in seconds with a new NATO.

Here is the photo. Picked this color strap after seeing something similar a long while ago. Super comfy and it takes the dressy look down to a more casual feel which goes along perfectly with my shorts and Olukai's today. I have a feeling many will not like it and prefer the bracelet...

Oh, if any others have a 035 on a NATO or strap, please post up a photo. Love more ideas!

#4 ·
CHD Dad, I am thinking that your wife probably does not hate the strap itself; but probably the color doesn't match the watch. Trust me, women know about what colors match. For a white dial dressy watch, probably a brown or black strap would match well. They do sell brown and black leather nato straps; so it would be a win/win situation.

Here is a tan colored leather zulu strap on my Ω SM300 to give you an idea:

#11 ·
My watch buddies must be acting kind towards me. I still dont hate it. I have an olive band I can try. I tried gray and a black and neither looked bad or good. I wanted a little color to pop for the summer so threw this one on. As much as I like NATO straps I am not normally a fan of leather NATOs, it just gets too thick and bulky when doubled up and the watch sits too high on the wrist.

I do like the bracelet but its too dressed up looking for me and I cant tweak the sizing just right with the small amount of adjustments. Most of the summer all my watches live on leather, rubber or fabric straps. If I had to go back to an office job I would definitely wear it on the bracelet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.