WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

SDGM003 Question

5K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  alpinistfan 
#1 ·
I've never had a watch without lume. How is the readability of this watch in a darker environment like a movie theater? I know the hands are reflective so I'm thinking it may not be that bad if there is a little light source. Once I take the watch off at night I don't care...I have a clock in my room.

#4 ·
Yep, in Grand Cocktail hands and indexes are nicely polished and very reflective. In darker place you can read the time even with an one little light source, you just do not see all indexes, rather few of them. If there are more than one light sources (but still weak) glints on hands and indexes work fair enough.

#6 ·
Yep, I agree with Gerard and v1triol. I'm very impressed at how easy it is to read the dial on my SDGM003 in dim lighting. The hands and indices are very reflective (and in bright light it's fun to watch the light dance on them!) and the black dial offers lots of contrast. I bought mine used and it was one of the best buys I've made in a long time. Great watch for the money.

#12 ·
Sorry for coming to the party late, but I can attest to the fact that the SDGM003 is quite legible under low light. In fact, the hour and minute hands are brushed and polished which helps in reading the time under various lighting conditions. The minute indices around the dial are chamfered and pick up the slightest of light. It really is amazing how reflective the dial and handset really are in the flesh.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.