Seiko 5 Automatic 21 Jewels SNK663 7S26B

Thread: Seiko 5 Automatic 21 Jewels SNK663 7S26B

-->
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Seiko 5 Automatic 21 Jewels SNK663 7S26B

Hello, fellas.

I just bought this watch on ebay and, at first, would like to know if it's a fake. How can I know if it's original or fake?

Well, the another detail is the user manual, where can I find it on internet? Could anybody send me a copy?

For last, the day and week date aren't syncronized with the watch. It was supposed to change on midnight, but don't, if I forget to do it manually, it will change on 10 or 11 am. How can I fix it?

If anyone can help me, I will be very gratefull. Bellow is a picture of the watch:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Zezaum; October 26th, 2007 at 08:30.

Re: Seiko 5 Automatic 21 Jewels SNK663 7S26B

Quote Originally Posted by Zezaum View Post
    Hello, fellas.

I just bought this watch on ebay and, at first, would like to know if it's a fake. How can I know if it's original or fake?
    Photos are a little small, and bigger, sharper pictures would be needed to be more sure, but that watch looks good to me.

Well, the another detail is the user manual, where can I find it on internet? Could anybody send me a copy?
    Do a google search for the manual for the Seiko 7s26 movement. That is the movement in your watch, and I believe you can find PDF versions of the manual online.

For last, the day and week date aren't sincronized with the watch. It was supposed to change on midnight, but don't, if I forget to do it manually, it will change on 10 or 11 am. How can I fix it?

If anyone can help me, I will be very gratefull. Bellow is a picture of the watch:
    Sounds like you've got the am/pm flipped. Here is what I suggest: set the day and date of the watch for one day before the actual day/date (i.e., today is Tuesday, October 23, so set the watch to Monday the 22nd). Then move the hands forward until you cross into the next day. If it is afternoon, keep moving the watch forward past 12:00 (noon). My Seiko usually flips the date right at midnight, but the day doesn't change until 2 or 3 a.m.

Hope this helps, and good luck with that watch.

Thank you, Nick

I couldn't find the manual on google search yet, but will continue trying. The procedure to syncronize the watch and date worked very fine, now the day is changing on midnight and the week date around 1 and 3 am. The accuracy is about 5 seconds (for today).

I'm a fan of casio's and citizen's, but I really liked this Seiko and I'm seriously thinking about collect them (a black and silver dial, among others, can't be missing in my new collection). ;)
    Last edited by Zezaum; October 26th, 2007 at 08:31.

i don't see the point of collecting several pieces of the same model just for the different colors. if they're different models, that's another story :P

and i know the post is old as hell, but i couldn't help it :P

Quote Originally Posted by 1singur View Post
    and i know the post is old as hell, but i couldn't help it :P

Quote Originally Posted by ErikP View Post
    well... yeah :P
    i was very interested about seiko 5, given it's fame, and yesterday i entered a shop that had lots of them on a shelf, which was quite a big surprise. doubled into heavens by the low price! considering the fame of this piece i was expecting something like 200$, but it was only about 90 euro. so i'm onto buying one in about a month, that as a prerequisite for a premier kinetic perpetual auto-relay (which i don't know when or if i'll ever afford, but that's like my wet-dream when it comes to watches). so here i am, after googling for seiko 5 to see what's what :P

I just today received a modified 5 from Yobokies. Love it. $140 delivered. This is the seller's pic, but looks the same. Except the hands match the dial better on mine.
    Name:  yobokies.jpg
Views: 26436
Size:  53.7 KB

I remember you posting about this one in another "5" thread. Looks fantastic! And the 20mm lugs are definitely the way to go- gives you more nato strap options.
    I see one of those dials in my future.... very near future!

Quote Originally Posted by photoshooter View Post
    I remember you posting about this one in another "5" thread. Looks fantastic! And the 20mm lugs are definitely the way to go- gives you more nato strap options.
    I see one of those dials in my future.... very near future!
    Thank you sir.

Hi, recently purchased an automatic seiko 5. When not in use, how do I store it for a couple of days without it dying? I presently do not have a watch winder yet.... thanks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information