Thread: Seiko 558 bezel gasket and case back gasket-same size?

Seiko 558 bezel gasket and case back gasket-same size?

Jules is backordered on bezel gaskets and I don't want to pay again-but I have two caseback gaskets coming. I don't supposed that the case back gasket and bezel gasket for a Seiko H558 is the same size and interchangeable? The caseback gasket on the one I found is still supple, but the bezel one is stiff, so im not in a hurry to change the case back one yet.

Thx!

CAS
    "...All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.....
    ----------------------------------

Inactive

Cas, are you asking about the H558 Arnie?...If so, here's the part numbers

for the caseback & Bezel gaskets.

I dont think there the same size, and I dont think there made of even the same shape or type of rubber, atleast not originally they were not.

The caseback gasket was made of an round or oval shape softer flexible rubber compound.
    The bezel gasket was made more of a stiffer corky type matterial that wasn't intended for compression sealing such as the caseback gasket was & is, and it's shape is even alittle on the flater side.

here's the OEM Seiko part numbers:
    Rotating Bezel Gasket: 0C3540B02
    Case Back Gasket: 0J3440B0A

I hope this info helps you some,
    Cheers-

Jimmy
    Poseidon

Re: Cas, are you asking about the H558 Arnie?...If so, here's the part numbers

So, maybe my bezel gasket is fine after all....my newer seiko one's are supple under the bezel (7002), but this one is not 'brittle', just firmer than im used to. I got the caseback gasket from Jules, but the others are on order-ill just wait and see what it feels like when I get it. Extra parts for these never hurt right? *lol*
    CAS

Inactive

Sounds about right to me cas...

Yeah, sounds about right to me, just wait and get the gasket and have it on hand.

Hey I've had so many Arnies over the years, and trust me I've never found or had one where the bezel turned easy, they usually are tough to turn from the ones Ive had.

Yours may just need to be cleaned underneith and lubed...

Cheers,
    Jimmy

Re: Sounds about right to me cas...

mIne actually turns great-nice solid click both directions. I just wasn't sure of the service history so I though gaskets were in order.

Re: Cas, are you asking about the H558 Arnie?...If so, here's the part numbers

so...im looking at the caseback gasket they sent me and its the wrong shape....but the envelope has the right number on it. I ordered a bezel gasket---I wonder if they switched them or something? The original im pulling out is flat not rounded.
    Last edited by Alathea; January 17th, 2010 at 07:10.

Inactive

What do you mean the caseback gasket is the wrong shape?

The caseback gasket is kind of rounded or oval in shape, it could look kind of flater on one side than the other I dont know for sure, but the basic shape is rounded.
    If the package was sealed, and the part number is correct, well then I would think it's the right gasket.

Jules borel doesnt make the gaket sets, they get them from the manufacturer and just sell them to watchmakers and customers, so if there was a screw-up in packaging, it wouldnt be that they switched gaskets. I'm sure you understand and agree with that.

Different factories make these gaskets, so it's possible one may be a tad different than another maker, but they should be very similar.

Did you get the bezel gasket yet?

JImmy

Quote Originally Posted by Alathea View Post
    so...im looking at the caseback gasket they sent me and its the wrong shape....but the envelope has the right number on it. I ordered a bezel gasket---I wonder if they switched them or something? The original im pulling out is flat not rounded.

Re: What do you mean the caseback gasket is the wrong shape?

Nah...they are backordered on those. I wonder if the original gasket was just compressed flat-it is 20 X years old....my replacement fit okay, but I have a 2nd caseback gasket and ill end up with 2 Bezel gaskets, too.

I wonder what those would go for?

I can't wait for my shroud to get here, though...im really stoked about that.

CAS

Confused Re: Cas, are you asking about the H558 Arnie?...If so, here's the part numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon-Jim View Post
    for the caseback & Bezel gaskets.

I dont think there the same size, and I dont think there made of even the same shape or type of rubber, atleast not originally they were not.

The caseback gasket was made of an round or oval shape softer flexible rubber compound.
    The bezel gasket was made more of a stiffer corky type matterial that wasn't intended for compression sealing such as the caseback gasket was & is, and it's shape is even alittle on the flater side.

here's the OEM Seiko part numbers:
    Rotating Bezel Gasket: 0C3540B02
    Case Back Gasket: 0J3440B0A

I hope this info helps you some,
    Cheers-

Jimmy
    Poseidon
    Jimmy, do you know if these gaskets will work for the H601 Arnie as well?

Thanks!
    Alex

Thread Information