Seiko 6309-7290 NOS unbelievable Find

Thread: Seiko 6309-7290 NOS unbelievable Find

Seiko 6309-7290 NOS unbelievable Find

Want a like new condition 6309-7290???
    You think, a new condition 6309-7290 should be very rare?

A professional dealer,who's first and last name exist only of 2 letters total, who lives in a street which do not exist, sold plenty of them

seiko navy militär | eBay

Why do the watch case look completly different?

Why do the bezel look different?

Why do the bezel insert look so different?

On earlier auctions the serial number was to see, it was always the same no matter if the watch had the cheesy camo dial or black dial

Are the buyers completely clueless?
    Last edited by Jack Kustoh; December 11th, 2016 at 22:31.

Re: Seiko 6309-7290 NOS unbelievable Find

I'm not sure I understand. Are you talking about the "cutearbeit" eBay seller from Austria? Or did you perhaps post a wrong link, pointing to a search for "seiko navy militär" on German eBay?

I wouldn't buy anything from him but, that being said, the only Seiko diver I see advertised by him is clearly a mod with aftermarket parts. I mean, camouflage dial?? He doesn't mention NOS or 6309 at all. Doesn't say anything about it being a mod or much of anything else about the watch though, hence my "I wouldn't buy from him" comment. But still...

Edit: ok, now I see that there's another one active, without the camouflage monstrosity. But I still don't see NOS or anything similar mentioned. He doesn't even mention the model in the text.

I don't know why people buy frankenseikos, but apparently there's a market...
    Last edited by LightDot; December 12th, 2016 at 01:09.

Re: Seiko 6309-7290 NOS unbelievable Find

Quote Originally Posted by LightDot View Post
    I'm not sure I understand. Are you talking about the "cutearbeit" eBay seller from Austria? Or did you perhaps post a wrong link, pointing to a search for "seiko navy militär" on German eBay?

I wouldn't buy anything from him but, that being said, the only Seiko diver I see advertised by him is clearly a mod with aftermarket parts. I mean, camouflage dial?? He doesn't mention NOS or 6309 at all. Doesn't say anything about it being a mod or much of anything else about the watch though, hence my "I wouldn't buy from him" comment. But still...

Edit: ok, now I see that there's another one active, without the camouflage monstrosity. But I still don't see NOS or anything similar mentioned. He doesn't even mention the model in the text.

I don't know why people buy frankenseikos, but apparently there's a market...
    No the link is correct.
    You can click on each of this horrible watches no matter if camo or black dial.

The seller do not say 6309-7290 but have a look at the caseback of all the absolutely strange looking pos-watches. It clearly says 6309-7290. The dial say also 6309....

The seller do not say NOS, but have a look at all this horrible watches, who really see a vintage Seiko diver watch there?

Thread Information