WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Seiko Alpinist SARB017

5K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  DannyHusk 
#1 ·
Currently the lowest price for a new SARB017 on ebay is around $400 USD. Is that within the normal price range? What price have you seen new ones listed for over the years? Also, are new ones ever for sale on the bracelet? Thanks.

#2 ·
Chino Watch Co, Ltd is a very reputable dealer in Japan that sells the watch for $378 shipped with one year international warranty. They sold out recently, but you may want to contact them to find out when they are getting more. I purchased a Seiko from a reputable eBay dealer and it indicated that it came with a one year warranty. However, the one year warranty was only valid in Japan. So be careful with eBay if you care about the warranty.

#4 ·
I got one for around 320$ just a couple months ago. Availability and pricing of Seiko watches is frightening stuff.

I just got into the hobby this year and picked up a baby tuna, skx009J, sdgm003, alpinist, and monster, many of which were on the rise already as I was picking them up, and they're blowing up now.

Hope more alpinists are being produced to appease the demand!

#6 ·
It's a great watch.

I love mine. It hasn't stopped since I got it since it gets a bit of attention and wear every day for the past 3 weeks or so.

Even when I'm not wearing it it's often sitting on a table next to me so that I can easily access it again.

I also confess to taking it with me even when I've chosen another watch to wear for the day and I'll wear it at lunch or the drive home etc.

It's a great watch....

#10 ·
TGV did a review of the SARB017 a little while ago. I noticed a correlation between his reviews and the price and availability of what he reviews.

Same thing happened with thenhamilton khaki king....

i will contact him amd and ask for an advance list of what he'll be reviewing in the coming months, and make strategic purchases, haha...

#12 ·
I bought mine off eBay it was from shopping in Japan can't offhand remember the price it was around £270 I think and I have a love hate relationship with mine but they're a genuinely great watch. Have you tried the sales board here

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.