Thread: Seiko Automatic DX 12 jewels 6106-5549

Seiko Automatic DX 12 jewels 6106-5549

I have a Seiko Automatic DX 12 jewels 6106-5549 and I was just wondering if anyone can give me some backround on it. Ive seen several on here that are similar to it but not the same. This one has the SEIKO at 12 oclock and the DX at 6 oclock, others have both at 9 oclock and the watch face is larger than the others. Ive looked around quite a bit and I cant find one like it. If anyone can tell me about it I would appreciate it, Thanks, theo!
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Re: Seiko Automatic DX 12 jewels 6106-5549

WOOPS MY BAD, ITS 17 JEWELS!

6106 17 jewel hacking movement (this is what the 'DX' designates, the second hand stops when you pull out the crown). Manufactured in April, 1974. Nice piece, but was designed for an integrated bracelet, making getting it on an alternative sort of tricky. Great gradient dial though, those were very popular around that timeframe for Seiko.

Quote Originally Posted by harris498 View Post
    6106 17 jewel hacking movement (this is what the 'DX' designates, the second hand stops when you pull out the crown). Manufactured in April, 1974. Nice piece, but was designed for an integrated bracelet, making getting it on an alternative sort of tricky. Great gradient dial though, those were very popular around that timeframe for Seiko.
    Actually there are several 10mm for sale on ebay. Now since Ive never seen the band I cant be sure what it looks like but a couple of the bands on ebay look pretty close to the same style. Im gonna post it on ebay but Im not gonna buy a band just to sell it. Also, I have looked everywhere for this watch and I cant find one like this, with the large oval face anywhere. The only one that pops up now in mine, due to the pics I posted here, lol. My point being, I guess mine is somewhat more rare then the many smaller oval faced ones I see all over the place. Maybe I'll get 2 or 3 bucks more for mine then, lmao!

Thanks harris498, the manufacture date will be useful info on my ebay listing, info I couldnt find, and believe me I looked.

Thread Information