Seiko Brightz SDGM003 vs Citizen Signature Grand Classic - Page 2
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Seiko Brightz SDGM003 vs Citizen Signature Grand Classic

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: Seiko Brightz SDGM003 vs Citizen Signature Grand Classic

Quote Originally Posted by WichitaViajero View Post
    If we talk aesthetics, my vote goes for the Seiko.

but the 28K Miyota in the Citizen it's awesome!
    I have zero experience with Miyota movements, but from what I've read, the Miyota inside the Grand Classic is the better movement and seems to be finished to a slightly higher standard. I've been pleased with the 6R15 on my Sumos, which have proven to be as accurate as the ETA 2824 watches I've owned, and have never given me any problems.

I'm leaning towards the Seiko, but being a Seiko fan, The Citizen would provide a nice change of pace.
    rfortson likes this.

I had two Citizen Signature watches, the movement is nicely decorated, the sweeping is smoooooother than the 6r15 in my Sarb033.

the finishing on the grand classics is very good, but the Seiko looks more like a GS

Quote Originally Posted by DarthVedder View Post
    I have zero experience with Miyota movements, but from what I've read, the Miyota inside the Grand Classic is the better movement and seems to be finished to a slightly higher standard. I've been pleased with the 6R15 on my Sumos, which have proven to be as accurate as the ETA 2824 watches I've owned, and have never given me any problems.

I'm leaning towards the Seiko, but being a Seiko fan, The Citizen would provide a nice change of pace.
    DarthVedder likes this.
    Wichita Viajero
    Omega Seamaster 300 Professional 2055.80 (Electric Blue) / Squale Y1545 30 ATMOS Horizon GMT - Limited Edition- (Batman) /
    Bulova Accu Swiss 63B185 / Seiko Sarb033 / Citizen Titanium Skyhawk Eco Drive JR3060-59F flight Chronograph / Citizen World Perpetual A-T Blue Dial / Citizen Ana DIgi Temp Watch JG 2002-53W Gold Finish / Orient Ray / Citizen Q&Q two tone watch / Bulova silver dress watch / Timex Expedition

Quote Originally Posted by DarthVedder View Post
    I can certainly understand this. I am an unabashed Seikoholic and I have to admit that every time I get a new Seiko I had been lusting for, there is a brief moment when I think: "Hrm, I just paid hundreds of dollars for yet another Seiko." In my excitement for another new Seiko, I often do not realized exactly how much redundancy I introduce to my collection until I try to integrate it into my rotation.
    DarthVedder and Raydius like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. James Duffy View Post
    Hrm... Between the Citizen and Seiko, the attributes on the scale seem to be: Crown guards or cabochon? Lume or no lume? Tooly or flashy? I would go for the Seiko because of the dial but I would be thrilled with either. With so many 6R15 movements around, sourcing donor parts for repairs should be easy down the line. What movement is in the Citizen Grand Classic? One of their proprietary calibers that are not rebranded as OEM/ebauche Miyota movements? If so, parts and service might be an issue. It is a beautiful watch, though. I can see your dilemma.
    The Citizen Grand Classic has a Miyota 9010, so it should be easy to service. Having seen both in person, the OP can't go wrong either way. The Grand Cocktail SDGM003's dial is similar to the Seiko Cocktail Time; unlike the SDGM001 (the cream dial version), the chapter ring is color-matched, so it is a cohesive whole. The Grand Classic is very masculine, a match against the Aqua Terra, Eterna KonTiki, and Seiko SARX015 as a muscular desk diver-like watch. The exhibition case back is lovely with highly-decorated borders.

Whichever you choose, wear it in great health!
    rfortson likes this.
    Invicta 2875, Citizen Eco-Drive Calibre 9000 Minute Repeater, 1965 Seiko Sportsmatic 5 Weekdater, 1940s Doxa with Small Seconds, Early 1950s Seiko (Still identifying movement), Bulova 96A110 Mechanical, Stuhrling Millenial Ravine Hand-Wind, Citizen Eco-Drive Calibre 8651, Stuhrling Original Zeppelin Skeleton, Christopher Ward C5 Malvern, Stuhrling Original Tuskegee Flier, Stuhrling Original Executive II, Seiko Cocktail Time SARB065, Seiko Presage SARX015, Bulova Precisionist Wilton, Bulova Precisionist 98B224 Big Blue, Eterna KonTiki Date, Citizen World Perpetual A-T, Citizen Signature Grand Classic NB0040-07A Silver Ice, FitBit Charge 2

The SDGMs are gorgeous. Seiko does amazing things at this price range.

OP must be my kind of guy, since I own the Citizen Grand Classic (in blue) and have been circling a SDGM003 for a while. I routinely appreciate the Grand Classic's retro date window and strong lume. Its an ideal all-day, business casual-to-happy hour watch for me. The finishing of case and bracelet is top notch and it is my most accurate auto, at +2 sec/day. I'm so happy with it that I've considered getting it in black or white but might hold out for a GS someday.
    Last edited by Sitting Bull AZ; January 18th, 2017 at 00:08.

I find the Seiko more classic looking and thus a bit too common (it looks like a Rolex and everybody and their mothers wears rolexes, hahahaha.) So yeah, I'd go for the Citizen.

West Chester, Pennsylvania, United States

I'd go with the Citizen as well!

If you can handle the size, I'd say Citizen. Just seems better made and the movement seems to have better finishing. However, it's too big for me. Servicing either shouldn't be a problem.

Posters can correct me if im mistaken but for these particular watches, the seiko beats at 21k beats per min, the citizen runs at 28k (smoother sweep).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information