WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Seiko Kinetic GMT World Timer SUN067P1

29K views 45 replies 20 participants last post by  andyjohnson 
#1 · (Edited)
Not sure why this hasn't received more attention so I'll post some pics.

I'm more of a vintage guy but I made an impulse purchase of Seiko Kinetic GMT World Timer SUN067P1 5M85-0AF0. Was a sucker for this one since the price was so good and of course it reminded me of one of my favorite vintages, the 6217 World Timer:

New 5M85-0AF0:
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

Old 6217-7010 Black Dial:
Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Wrist

Side by side:
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Metal Strap

Sorry for the poor lighting but this is a drive by photoshooting as the item just arrived today in my office and I couldn't wait and resized the bracelet there (Yes, you know you have a serious problem with watches if you have watch tools in your office) ;-)

Anyhow, this is my first 5M85 Kinetic movement and I'll have to say there's a lot to like. It has a independent hour hand to change the date reminiscent of the 8F56 GMTs that I've been collecting. Nothing to call home about on the bracelet or build quality but pretty good bang for the buck at the current grey market prices.

Cheers,

-Brian

See less See more
#6 ·
I did my research and I found 3 variations on this model.
SUN067P1 which is a white dial stainless steel case.
SUN069P1 which is a black dial stainless steel case.
SUN070P1 which is a white dial gold tone stainless steel case.
I think I might go with your model. I love it most.
Mine is on the way. Can't wait.
Btw. I have a watch tools set at work. lol

#7 ·
Glad to hear there's some interest out there as this design is just so classic.

And the grey market price is very reasonable.

I have no interest in selling any of these (I only am selling some of my vintages) but happy to hear some of you also feel that this is an overlooked model.

-Brian

#8 ·
Great find-thanks for sharing! And, man, your 6217-7010 black dial is just stunning! I have a 6117-6400 with the silver dial and it's one of my favorite pieces, but I've been on the prowl for a black dial version of either the 6117 or 6217 for a while. They definitely don't pop up nearly as often as their silver dialed brethren.

Thanks again!

#10 ·
Checked the bezel crown at 4 o'clock and it does not lock. It just rotates when turned.

A bit less complicated than the vintage 6217 single crown approach but that one also does not really lock as pulling out the crown is for quicksetting the date.

-Brian

#12 ·
Looks like a strong alternative to the SUN019 and related models which I have hesitated on for a while now. I love GMTs so this may have to be on my short list. Thanks for the heads up!

#24 · (Edited)
Amazes me that there always seems to be a new/different Seiko to stumble on. I have been looking for a vacation/travel watch that I don't ned to worry about with multiple time zones. This might be a good candidate.

I'd like to see this with some different strap pairings.

#27 · (Edited)
Wow! I wasn't aware of this watch at all.
I am now going to try and hunt one down...be nice to have a kinetic travel watch that isn't a big bulky diver.
And, dang... but the black dial looks good, too. Which one? Yeah, probably going to go with the white, I've got a half-dozen black dialed Seikos already.

#39 ·
Where can I hunt down the white dial version? I cannot find anybody online who sells the white dial version. I can only find the black dial version. Does anybody know where I can find the white dialed version? Is the white dialed version discontinued? Does anybody in here know?

#35 · (Edited)
Hi Guys,

I'm new to the forum and just picked up a Seiko Kinetic World Time (SUN067P1).
I'd like to replace the Hardlex for a Domed Sapphire Crystal, but my local watch guy said that he could only source a flat Sapphire for the SUN067P1.
He says that the Hardlex seems to magnify the face and that a flat sapphire wouldn't.
I'd like to keep as close to the aesthetic of the watch as possible.
Has anyone attempted to replace the crystal on one of these before?
Any suggestions for places to source a domed Sapphire for the SUN067P1 specifically.

I appreciate any and all help.

Tony

Attachments

#36 ·
Six.foor.2,
Where did you purchase yours from and for how much? I've been trying to find the white dial world timer, but can only find the black dial one. eBay is selling the white dial for $347 and $420 from a few sellers from Spain. The black dial one can be bought for $180-$189 from USA sellers on eBay.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.