Thread: Seiko Lassalle Tank

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Seiko Lassalle Tank

I have a Seiko Lassalle tank watch that I purchased in the mid- to late 1980's. Very thin, gold plated, black crocodile band, blue sapphire on the crown. If I remember correctly, I paid about $250 for it.

As I recall, the Seiko Lassale line derived from Seiko buying Swiss watch manufacturer Jean Lassalle. The Swiss Lassalle movements were shipped to Japan and assembled there into Seiko cases.

Don't believe Seiko still markets this line. Is that true ? What else can anyone tell me about it ?

The watch is in great condition, as I only wore it for dress occasions. In the past few years, I purchased a Rolex, an Omega and a Nomos, so the S-L now isn't getting any wear at all. Thinking about selling it. What do you think ? Is there a collector's market out there for this line ?

Thanks.

Langley

Re: Seiko Lassalle Tank

I noticed the Lasalle name suddenly appear, I think back in the eighties. It then seemed to disappear just as fast. I always wondered what had happened to it?

Viña del Mar (Wineyard by the sea), Chile.

I have a Seiko Lassalle Tank, very slim, (0.4mm?), sapphire cristal, without stone in the crown. It was a gift bought in 1983 in Europe. If i'am not mistaken I read once that Lassalle was a case manufacturer in Switzerland, and Seiko assambled them with Seiko movements. Just the opposit. Who knows?
    Regards,
    InChileRares.

Quote Originally Posted by Langley View Post
    I have a Seiko Lassalle tank watch that I purchased in the mid- to late 1980's. Very thin, gold plated, black crocodile band, blue sapphire on the crown. If I remember correctly, I paid about $250 for it.

As I recall, the Seiko Lassale line derived from Seiko buying Swiss watch manufacturer Jean Lassalle. The Swiss Lassalle movements were shipped to Japan and assembled there into Seiko cases.

Don't believe Seiko still markets this line. Is that true ? What else can anyone tell me about it ?

The watch is in great condition, as I only wore it for dress occasions. In the past few years, I purchased a Rolex, an Omega and a Nomos, so the S-L now isn't getting any wear at all. Thinking about selling it. What do you think ? Is there a collector's market out there for this line ?

Thanks.

Langley

If you still have that Seiko Lassalle and a pic, I'll give you $100.00 for it

[quote=Langley;463797]I have a Seiko Lassalle tank watch that I purchased in the mid- to late 1980's. Very thin, gold plated, black crocodile band, blue sapphire on the crown. If I remember correctly, I paid about $250 for it.
    Comments removed - this is an old post Sagevb resurrected by posting a WTB instead of a private email....
    Last edited by John MS; May 11th, 2009 at 18:21.

EL

Sorry to resurrect this old thread again, but I was doing a little research and wanted to ask again about Lasalle watches.

I have a pretty nice Lasalle moon phase watch that my wife gave me as a wedding gift back in 1993. I gave her a similar-grade Seiko dress watch and I recall the jeweler telling us that the Lasalle was Seiko's "high end" similar to Lexus and Toyota, Acura and Honda...Lasalle and Seiko.

I seem to recall this being a $600 watch, which was a fair sum at that time for a watch. Anyone have any idea if these things retained their value and are still desirable? I honestly have not worn it on any kind of regular basis in about 10 years.

Regards,
    Eric

Banned

Dress watches rarely retain value or desirability among collectors unless the watch has something really special about it.

As frank said, they did not retain their value particularly well, especially since the brand was discontinued and since most of their models were gold (collectors don't really place the same value on gold watches). Also these compete with LaSalle watches that were made before seiko acquired the brand, and those much rarer and more sought after by collectors. Lastly collectors seem to prefer larger watches these days. LaSalle's claim to fame was ultra thin watches, which just aren't that popular with collectors these days. Run an ebay search and you will find these for relatively little.

I have this one on a genuine crocodile strap. I bought it because it looked like a Breguet, but I'm rarely in a suit, so it sits in a box.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by georgegrasser; September 13th, 2009 at 05:56.

Interesting thanks for the info. I remember my uncle had a lasalle, it ws his beater when he didn't want to wear his Rolex.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information