WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Seiko M66 Sealion - repainted dial

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  petercam 
#1 ·
I bought this Seiko M66 Sealion from Ebay, and the dial doesn't look right to me. Everything else about the watch looks right, case, back, glass, hands and movement, but the dial looks like a badly done repainted dial. The castellated hour markers look right except for the 6 and 12 o'clock ones which are glass. The SEIKO on the dial looks gold which was Somthing Seiko did not do on a silver watch. The Seiko symbol is also too low and touches the horizontal line between 3 and 9. And originals did not say Automatic, they usually said 'Selfdater' or something like that.
Also the crown seems very stiff when adjusting the time and date, especially as the description said it had been serviced within the last year.
But the movement is stamped Seiko 24J and 6205B.
Sorry for the upside down pic, it was the right way up when I uploaded it.
There was no mention of the dial or the stiffness in the ad, I was thinking of returning this, but on balance, I think I like it despite it's flaws. Thoughts? Metal Circle Watch

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.