Seiko "President" braclet and SKX031K?

Thread: Seiko "President" braclet and SKX031K?

-->

Seiko "President" braclet and SKX031K?

Hi does anyone know if the Seiko "President" braclet would fit a Seiko SKX031K okay? Also, where can I buy one in the UK, the only place I've found so far is this US site: http://chronograph.com/store/mli_vie...idproduct=1685

Thanks

Re: Seiko "President" braclet and SKX031K?

I just ordered the President bracelet from Chronograph yesterday for my SKX009.

A search of the Chronograph.com forum ( http://forum.chronograph.com ) revealed someone else had your question!
    "Hello,

I am very interested by the Seiko SKX031 but I don't like the bracelets proposed with this model.
    Would it be possible to get it with an other bracelet on it ? I would prefer to pay the difference than to pay for an other bracelet.

The bracelet I am interested in is the Seiko model 22mm-3308-ZI-P
    (http://www.chronograph.com/store/mli_viewItem.asp?idproduct=1685)

Thank you"

And the response:

"This bracelet was meant for the SKX007 case size which has a thicker case height at the lugs when compaired to the SKX031. It may require a small modification to fit the endpiece.

Kindly email us at sales@chronograph.com for order details.

Thank you

Ww Lee
    Chronograph.com "
    Last edited by ytwokc5; December 21st, 2009 at 21:04.

I'm guessing - note guessing - that you have two options: (1) see if you can bend the preseident endpieces to fit with a pair of needlenose pliers, or (2) see if the centre link on the president will fit an existing SKX031 endpiece - which takes, from memory, something like a 9mm centre link.

My SKX031 is on leather, which works out fine for me:

SKX031 on Divestraps stitchless leather.

Personally, I think the SKX173 looks absolutely stunning on a president, but that's a larger, more expensive watch.

Please post a picture when you get the '031 on a president.

Put on a Super Oyster from William they look great. Remember they don't use fat springbars, so get the original Super Oyster not the new version. I have mine on one and love it.

ddd

I had a 031 on the President bracelet and the fit was OK. The issue I had was that the bracelet is designed for fat spring bars and the 031 can't take them. Caused it to rattle a bit but I solved this by using the outer tube from the fat spring bar and slide a 031 spring bar thru it. Good luck.

Thread Information