Seiko SARB - Page 4
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Seiko SARB

-->
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Re: Seiko SARB

Did you consider tha SARB 15 ?
    It is no more in production , not so easy to find ( but you can find one of this in the trading section posted just one week ago) .
    Black dial , great look , 38 mm without crown ( solid back case , no back view)
    Some pics to remind the model.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by Bonibagongh; July 25th, 2012 at 11:58.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonibagongh View Post
    Did you consider tha SARB 15 ?
    It is no more in production , not so easy to find ( but you can find one of this in the trading section posted just one week ago) .
    Black dial , great look , 38 mm without crown ( solid back case , no back view)
    Some pics to remind the model.

I'm guessing the bezel rotates from the inside?

I have seen most of the SARB series watches but the 015 doesn't appeal to me. Plus I'm looking for a new one, not a used one. Thanks anyway
    cheers, daniel

Automatic

Seiko SARB033 - Hamilton Chronomatic II 998817 - Orient Blue Mako CEM65002D

Quartz/Solar/Digital
    Seiko Solar Alarm Chronograph SSC005P - Seiko Chronograph SNDC47P1 - Casio G-Shock G-7900 - Casio A159W - Lorus RXH93HX-9

I love the SARB065 cocktail time and would have bought already, but really like some good lume on a watch and it has none. I look at my watch at least a dozen times a day in conditions where it can't be read without lume or backlight. Hence the regular watch swaps as I have many watches I love that have no lume.

I'll probably settle for a SARB035 as it has some lume. I used to strongly prefer black dial watches as they get less attention from other people but lately I've realized white dials catch my attention and give me more enjoyment more often. I no longer care about any one else's perception of my watches.

The SARB035 is sold out at c-watch so I will probably buy from Seiya if I can't find a used one.

I also much prefer a bracelet to a strap as I swap watches all the time and they are quicker, easier, safer and sometimes even more comfortable for me. Can always fit an after market bracelet I guess.

Should really save for a GS SBGA011 Snowflake I guess :) No lume there either though :(

I see a SARB035 in my future :)
    grotty likes this.
    "A hot or cold car can kill your children and is even worse for your watches."

Tokyo, Yokohama, NY, Detroit, Budapest, KL...Now a double life in HK and China!

The 065 is one of my favorite watches. I'll put the accuracy and movement discussions aside for now since it's already been discussed in great detail in other dedicated threads, but I can tell you the 6R15 is no loser. As for design, the clean, classic, "SEIKO" looks + modern day size (40mm) + just enough pizzazz (dial), is hard to come by.

A simple, yet classy, plus reliable automatic watch. What's not to love?
    stevenkelby likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pala10 View Post
    I'm guessing the bezel rotates from the inside?

I have seen most of the SARB series watches but the 015 doesn't appeal to me. Plus I'm looking for a new one, not a used one. Thanks anyway
    Not at all.
    The inner bezel is a "solar compass" operated by the crown at 4 . It is possible to have a rough estimation of the North using a watch.
    Taking the watch on your hands point the hour hand to the sun.
    Now consider the hour you are doing this and divide by two ( consider the solar hour , not the dst ) the result is the North direction.
    Example :
    You are doing this operation at 17 dst , this mean 16 solar time
    Divide by two you have 8.
    At eight you have the North.
    The inner bezel allow you to record the North direction.
    Non very usefull function , indeed , but nice to see.
    Last edited by Bonibagongh; July 25th, 2012 at 18:13.
    stevenkelby and mr_hercules like this.

Quote Originally Posted by DPflaumer View Post
    Are there any visible plastic parts underneath the crystal? Is the rotating chapter ring plastic, with imprinted graphics, or does it match the metal dial? Is the date wheel plastic as well? If its plastic, would this be the weak link, indicating a corner was cut? Does it make the watch look cheap? I know the watch is $500, but everyone seems to say the watch is of high quality.

Im thinking of flipping a few more watches to get this one. I love the brown leather strap you posted a while back. It had the thick and wide leather keeper, SS rivets with a raw cut edge.

Why does the Sarb033 seem to be cheaper than the Sarb045? I kind of like the bluer version better, but its older, I think, and somehow more expensive. Thanks.

The Seiko 'Cocktail Time' is the one that stands out above all others to me.
    In the works: RGM '801 ES Motor Barrel'

"The stuff that dreams are made of…"

could be one of the most beautiful dials ever made by Seiko

Last edited by seikomatic; November 26th, 2012 at 07:55.

Any new SARBs worth mentioning or new opinions to add to the thread?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information