WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Seiko SARB033/SARB035 winding feature ?

15K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  Dante231 
#1 ·
Hi, guys, I just bought a Seiko SARB033 last week and I'm beginning to wonder if the manual wind does not work. Reasons :

1. According to the instruction book, if the movement has zero power and being manually winded, the second hand might not move at first and require to be moved automatically, which eventually my watch is.

2. When I manually wind it, it does not have any clicking sound or feel like my Orient Ray, but rather no sound at all.

My question is, how do I know if the manual wind is working ?

#2 ·
Can't exactly remember my last 6R15 but it's not uncommon for a movement to have VERY slight clues that it's fully wound. So much you may think your winding isn't working. The only real way to be sure is to time it. Wind a lot and see how long it lasts.

Sorry it's not a fantastic answer, but if it's running accurately for you now why worry?

So how's the lume?

#3 ·
As I remember for 6r15 caliber, from zero power to max winded should be around 35 times. Then the second hand will start to move slightly but not instantly. Because the mainspring need tension to push the second hand to move. Please correct me if I'm wrong. :)

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

#4 ·
As I remember for 6r15 caliber, from zero power to max winded should be around 35 times. Then the second hand will start to move slightly but not instantly. Because the mainspring need tension to push the second hand to move. Please correct me if I'm wrong. :)

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
What about the winding sound ? Mine does not produce any clicking sound when being winded.

#9 ·
Bearing in mind how sensitive some of the auto wind mechanisms are I would hand wind it carefully at bed time about 35 turns (being careful not to wave the watch about). If it was still running in the morning I would be fairly confident that the hand wind was working.

#14 ·
Do you wind it when the crown is locked or do you have to unlock the crown first ? Because mine makes clicking sound when being turned at locked mode, but not when being unlock. The instruction book says you have to unlock the crown first to manually wind.

#13 ·
Mines the same

OP you should hear some sound when you are winding.

#19 ·
I think the instructions booklet on my Cocktail Time (same movement) has details for both screw down and non-screw down. Had to read it twice to pick that up.

In any case, my watch does make some sound when winding. And I would say that the 35-40 winds sounds about right.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.