WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Seiko Shogun - Alternative Strap Options

16K views 36 replies 16 participants last post by  Greenbird007 
#1 ·
Reviewers seem to dislike the OEM rubber strap but I think it looks great and gives the watch a more active, sporty look than the titanium bracelet. I usually don't like rubber straps on dive watches as much but this one works for me. Can anyone recommend other alternative straps that look good on a Shogun? I've tried to like natos but can't seem to get into them due the added height and extra hardware.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
The Bonetto Cinturini looks good. Do you prefer that due to materials or design? It looks pretty similar to the stock strap other than the venting at first glance. Any particular shark mesh strap you'd recommend?

You could try shark mesh. I also prefer the vented Bonetto Cinturini to the stock seiko rubber that comes with the shogun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ·
The Bonetto is superior in terms of materials and design. The wavy parts of the rubber strap are meant to let the strap expand a little bit, which lets you wear it a bit more snug. The seiko rubber isn't very flexible, and the vents (at least on mine) aren't rounded, they're sort of squared off, which kills the whole flex thing.

Bonetto is a little softer material, but far more comfortable.

As far as mesh I like wjean. Www.strapboutique.com

Good luck!

#5 ·
Thanks! Think I'll pick up both and give them a spin.

The Bonetto is superior in terms of materials and design. The wavy parts of the rubber strap are meant to let the strap expand a little bit, which lets you wear it a bit more snug. The seiko rubber isn't very flexible, and the vents (at least on mine) aren't rounded, they're sort of squared off, which kills the whole flex thing.

Bonetto is a little softer material, but far more comfortable.

As far as mesh I like wjean. Www.strapboutique.com

Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.