Thread: Seiko SRP043 on a watchadoo/Anvil style bracelet (w/pics)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Seiko SRP043 on a watchadoo/Anvil style bracelet (w/pics)

First off..i love the srp043. But the one hang-up for me since I got the watch was the bracelet. Its solid..and thick...but that damn diver's extension kept rubbing a hole in my wrist. It would actually get painful if I tried to wear the watch all day.

The one reservation I had with getting an aftermarket bracelet was the fact that the lugs were 20mm...but I ordered one anyway (brushed)...and I have to say that im actually very pleased with the result. The 20mm issue that I had in my mind just went away after I installed the new bracelet. I like it a lot..what do you guys think?

Re: Seiko SRP043 on a watchadoo/Anvil style bracelet (w/pics)

that looks very nice to me. per your pix it looks like the finish on the bracelet matches the watch perfectly. is that the case in 'real life'?

i am about one mouse click away from ordering a sbdc005 (orange) but i want a bracelet (don't like seiko's oem). i wonder how that would look on a sumo

Yes..the finish of the bracelet does match the watch perfectly. I was actually suprised by this.

Quote Originally Posted by forestfortrees View Post
    that looks very nice to me. per your pix it looks like the finish on the bracelet matches the watch perfectly. is that the case in 'real life'?

i am about one mouse click away from ordering a sbdc005 (orange) but i want a bracelet (don't like seiko's oem). i wonder how that would look on a sumo
    Check it out...pics from Harold(yobokies)

Quote Originally Posted by brokepony99 View Post
    Check it out...
    and just like that...boom...there it is.
    thanks much.

i will now graciously step aside from this thread hijack and give the floor back to badams1 and his wonderful watch/bracelet combo...

Great watch, I love mine, and as I have an Anvil that my Monster lives on, I may be inspired by your move here and do the same. SRP0 is a great watch, I'm very happy with mine, congrats!

Im finding it to be the most confortable to wear watch that I own..aside from an SKX007 that i have on the same bracelet.

Looks great. Since the SRP043, unlike most watches, is designed for a bracelet with straight end links, this aftermarket one fits it very well.

Great combo! I must have missed this thread back in March. I have ordered the SRP043 on rubber as I felt with the bracelet it would be too heavy for me to bear at 214 grams. But now I have the 20 mm doo as you have and I sure will give it a try when the watch arrives. I know the doo is not light by any means but I understand it might wear a bit lighter than the original, no?

By the way do you have any pic which shows the watch and the doo face on so that I can see the size of the gap between the watch and the bracelet. Thank you.

The very best combo, afaic.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information