WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Seiko Turtle SRP777 seconds hand removal

3K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  B1ff_77 
#1 ·
Hello all looking for any tips on how to remove the seconds hand from my turtle. This is my fist mod - i've replace the crystal and the final step is to install a lollipop seconds hand but I'm really struggling to remove the stock one.

I was hoping to leave the hour and minute hands in place and whip off the seconds hand but it's proving difficult. I have lever type hand tools but can't seem to get them into the right position to pry the hand off without interfering with the others.

Am I wasting my time, is it easier to just take them all off? Or is there a trick to removing the seconds hand on its own? Any help greatly appreciated!

#6 · (Edited)
Got the second hand off without removing the others - but new one won't fit! Thought I was installing it wrong but I managed to pop the stock one back on at the first attempt. Assumed the NOS Seiko hand I bought would fit, but seems the size may have been tweaked slight from the older models. The wait goes on

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.