WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Seiko watches here in the Philippines

284K views 1K replies 164 participants last post by  tresconik 
#1 ·
Hi is there anyone from the Philippines who can help me where i can purchase a seiko watch with this model number SNJ017.

I want to compare how much is it here locally before i buy it in the net.

thanks.

#326 ·
^^^Japanese brands like Seiko, Orient, and Citizen are indeed a lot cheaper to buy here in the Philippines than in either Europe or the US (BTW, Rado is not Japanese, it's a Swiss brand). In general, most Swiss brands are more expensive. Tissots, Hamiltons and TAGs are absurdly overpriced if one buys 'em at a local mall store. Oris, not so much I noticed. In downtown Manila (Avenida and Binondo), there are shops from where you can buy Swiss brands for a bit less than their US price equivalent. Be extra careful though and buy only from reputable stores when shopping in that area unless you're an expert at spotting fakes.

#328 ·
Can I get a price check on new & used skx007, skx009, and the skx011. Can 2 two be had for less than $100 used?
The answer to your first question is NO. not new at least. while It might be possible to find two for under 100 used, it is highly unlikely. You can definitely find one used one for under $100.

Whats the difference between skx007 and skx173. Difference between skx009 and skx175. And is one more worth it then the other.
Please refer to our forum archive and check out the many articles and guides that have been stored there for this very type of inquiries. This one will answer your questions:

Collector's Guide To All the seiko 7S26-0020/9 Diver Variants (SKX007 & it's siblings)...

Good luck.

#340 ·
Hi guys!

Been a lurker for some time now and got into the diver/auto watch bug. I was able to shortlist some models and was wondering where I can buy them locally.

1. Orient CEM75002D (Blue hogrider)
2. Seiko Black/Blue Sumo
3. Seiko Blue Samurai

pictures:
Hogrider (https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=258949https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=285827)
posted by UpstandingCitizen
Sumo (https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=165183) posted by Torrid
Samurai (https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=158664) posted by raggyboy

Can you also give me the price range for these models?

Salamat ng marami!

#341 ·
^^^Sad to say, those models aren't sold in the Philippines. The Sumo and Ti Sammie are Japan Domestic market only, and I've yet to see an Orient "Hogrider" in any shop hereabouts.

You can find the SS Sammie in many stores, cheapest price can be found in Avenida shops.

#344 ·
saw all models of the sumo in hongkong, costs around 17k for the one on rubber strap, didnt really quite see if there was a Ti sammie selling in hong kong, but almost all models are available there, and trust me, listen to gerry, he knows more about these new divers than most of us.

#348 ·
Can anyone give a suggestion as to where to have old seikos serviced. I visited the service center in quirino/taft avenue but the attitude of the staff put me off. I have a 6309, 6138, and some other old seikos that are not keeping acceptable time anymore. For the 6309, the service center couldnt source a replacement crystal during that time. Any suggestions?

#351 ·
@slashdotfx,

I'm afraid I don't know any stores in the Philippines that sell online.

If you ever pay a visit, best bet to find it would be the Seiko store in SM North Edsa mall in Quezon City. There are a couple of other watch shops in that same mall where I've seen the Alba Blue Manta. Both are in the mall's main building.

#354 ·
^^^Yup, that nato (zulu?) is on my OM when I go scuba diving.

The owner of the shop in Parco is a watch enthusiast too. They restore 6309s, 7002s and other vintage watches and resell the. I've had my vintage Seikos and Citizens overhauled there, and the repairmen did a pretty good job, the watches have been running smoothly and consistently since.

Never seen an Orange Knight in any shop around here. WKs and BKs are pretty common. They're among the best looking divers I've ever seen. Plan on buying a BK some time soon.

#355 ·
^^^Yup, that nato (zulu?) is on my OM when I go scuba diving.

The owner of the shop in Parco is a watch enthusiast too. They restore 6309s, 7002s and other vintage watches and resell the. I've had my vintage Seikos and Citizens overhauled there, and the repairmen did a pretty good job, the watches have been running smoothly and consistently since.

Never seen an Orange Knight in any shop around here. WKs and BKs are pretty common. They're among the best looking divers I've ever seen. Plan on buying a BK some time soon.
bk? how bout my 6309? will post some pics of my 6309 on the local thread, see if you like it, hehehe

#358 ·
yeah, i forgot my password and lost his number after i "left" the watch scene. I got interested in another hobby which sucked up all my money, plus I didn't like how my old watch purchases were performing. I saw the white knight in SM north some time back and couldn't stop thinking about it lol. I guess I can't do anything about this addiction.

#359 ·
yeah go for the white knight, i remember collecting all vintage chronos to start my seiko collection, but lately, i shifted to divers, and most of them quartz professional divers, easier to maintain and more accurate, and lately ive been buying a few new model seikos, my favorite right now is my 1000 meter darth tuna!

#360 ·
the darth tuna is very nice but personally, I were to spend that kind of money, I'd add a little more and get the marine master 300m. I was luckily able to ask a friend to buy for me a 300m tuna in tokyo, right before it was replaced by the newer, more expensive model. The dollar was only ~40 then so I got the watch for less than 16k.

By the way, I recently saw a auto 600m auto tuna in the watch repair shop in cherry foodarama. The watch was sweet. I asked the repairman about the watch but someone just dropped it off for servicing. I was really hoping that watch was for sale hehe.

#362 ·
the darth tuna is very nice but personally, I were to spend that kind of money, I'd add a little more and get the marine master 300m. I was luckily able to ask a friend to buy for me a 300m tuna in tokyo, right before it was replaced by the newer, more expensive model. The dollar was only ~40 then so I got the watch for less than 16k.

By the way, I recently saw a auto 600m auto tuna in the watch repair shop in cherry foodarama. The watch was sweet. I asked the repairman about the watch but someone just dropped it off for servicing. I was really hoping that watch was for sale hehe.
the mm300 costs about double that of my quartz darth tuna, i personally had the mm300 in my hands, but it was too heavy for me and double the price...

#363 ·
hi,, does anyone know where i can find vintage or old models of seiko?

i know the place along recto, florentino torress but im not sure i want to deal with those guys. heehehhe( although i studied 6 yrs in a chinese school very near that place)

kinda hoping for a brick and mortar /shop.. ill even try that parco in quezon ave.

#364 ·
^^^They have some pretty fair condition vintage Seikos and Citizens at that watch shop at Parco, but they're kinda pricey if you're used to the prices on Ebay.ph.

@takobets, I've tried that watch shop in Puregold. The old guy seems to know his stuff, but takes shortcuts! I was horrified when he tried to fix the loose springbar on my vintage Citizen with superglue! I took the watch back and said I'd changed my mind about having the springbar secured.

#386 ·
@takobets, I've tried that watch shop in Puregold. The old guy seems to know his stuff, but takes shortcuts! I was horrified when he tried to fix the loose springbar on my vintage Citizen with superglue! I took the watch back and said I'd changed my mind about having the springbar secured.
Thanks for the info gerry ill think twice now before i have my watch serviced by them.

Heads up guys saw a couple of blue makos at SM Mega time trend and hour glass selling for P4k after 30% discount. I think they are sister companies. Question guys.. where can i find yellow caesars here in Manila? Either the kinetic or chrono will do. And how much? Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.