Setting date and time on Citizen eco-drive

Thread: Setting date and time on Citizen eco-drive

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Setting date and time on Citizen eco-drive

I purchased my first eco-drive today and the lady who sold me the watch set the date and time. It's now just past 1:30 AM and the day has just started to move although the date moved right at midnight. Does the day not change right at midnight? I can still see most of Wed even though it is now thursday.

Re: Setting date and time on Citizen eco-drive

Hi,

If it's moving it will be OK. Sometimes full change will be completed at 02.00 am.

Cheers , Elf.
    Hey man , watch the road man , WATCH the road !!!

Thanks for the quick response. Now the day has changed at 2 AM like you stated, but it's in another language. It says MIER, but I don't know what language that is an abbreviation for. Will that change in a few hours also?

Hi,

well , perhaps it will change again tonight [04.00] to your language.

I know what "mier" means in Dutch , but that hasn't got anything to do with days of the week.
    "Mier" means 'ant" in Dutch.

cheers , Elf.
    Last edited by Temperarely; April 1st, 2010 at 14:37.
    Hey man , watch the road man , WATCH the road !!!

Suspended

your day wheel has 2 languages.

I suspect the Citizen day/date watches are like the Seiko day/dates. The date changes over at 12:00, and the day takes awhile to change over. Like nhoJ said, the day wheel has 2 languages, so it has to flip twice before it gets to the language you have it set at.

Rest assurred, there's nothing wrong with your watch.
    Human existence is completely dependent on the upper 6 inches of topsoil and the fact that it rains.

Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator samanator's Avatar

Very common in all day/date watches for the date to change at or just after midnight. Depending on the movement and the number of languages the day will change to the correct one between 2am and 4 am.
    Michael
    BALL Watch, Bremont and Longines Moderator

My wife buys dogs and I buy watches and to date I have never stepped in watch poop!

Quote Originally Posted by seang View Post
    Thanks for the quick response. Now the day has changed at 2 AM like you stated, but it's in another language. It says MIER, but I don't know what language that is an abbreviation for. Will that change in a few hours also?
    MIER is short for Miercoles, Spanish for Wednesday.

Does one have to avoid the 10pm-2am window to adjust the dates on eco-drive watches?

I have a Citizen ny0040 (yes, an automatic, not an Eco-drive, but it has a day and date probably similar to the watch talked about). The date changes just past midnight, then you get the day beginning to change, first to the Spanish day, then to the English. The final day change (in English) is at around 2:40am for me.

As for when to alter the day and date on analogue watches, the manual for mine states that it shouldn't be done between 9pm and 4am, although that's for my watch, a day and date watch (it's different if the watch just has the date, and might well be between 10pm and 2am). I'd also imagine that changing the day and date between these hours is as risky to do whether it's an Eco-drive or not, because it's the date change mechanism that'd get damaged, and I'd imagine that most date change mechanisms are of a similar design. Still, I could well be wrong... but I wouldn't risk it until someone knowledgeable steps in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information