WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

SHC021 and SHC033 - what's the difference?

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Landed_Alien 
#1 ·
Hi,
I've just acquired a Seiko quartz pepsi diver with 7S36-7A0B on the back. I've had one of these for years and always thought of it as an SHC033.
The paperwork that came with the new (to me) watch says it's an SHC021. But they are IDENTICAL in every way. Looking around the internet no-one calls these SHC021, they're always referred to as SHC033.
Any clever-clogs out there know what's up with these two model numbers please!?

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

See less See more
#3 ·
Hi,
I've just acquired a Seiko quartz pepsi diver with 7S36-7A0B on the back. I've had one of these for years and always thought of it as an SHC033.
The paperwork that came with the new (to me) watch says it's an SHC021. But they are IDENTICAL in every way. Looking around the internet no-one calls these SHC021, they're always referred to as SHC033.
Any clever-clogs out there know what's up with these two model numbers please!?

Hey babyatom,

I've been digging into this as I recently unearthed my old diver that I bought about 24 years ago.

I believe that this is a SHC021. You can see the specs for here (although the image isn't quiet right): SEIKO Diver Finder - SHC021 Quartz Watch

I think the SHC033 was the follow-on model which came out in the 2000s, whereas the SHC021 was more circa 1990s. This would explain why the SHC033 tends to get the most mentions on the internet - the internet was not such a place for watch research when I bought my SHC021 - I trailed around a couple of jewellers and found a model I liked. I think the SHC033 has model number 7A09 instead, and came with a "flat" stretch strap, instead of the Z22 V-shaped strap that I think mine came on. However I had to replace the strap at least twice when I wore this watch as it had the tendency to become brittle and snap, so I can't be sure of that.

It's pretty beaten up from the years that I wore it, and the battery is long dead, but I'll swap a new one and if it works I'll put on new rubber strap or nato and add it back into my rotation. Funny how I'd long missed this watch, couldn't remember what it was other than it had a pepsi bezel, and was maybe Seiko or Citizen. Now that I've found it, my style obviously hasn't changed much - I bought an SKX011 just a few weeks ago :)

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Watch accessory Watch Fashion accessory Strap Metal

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.