WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Show off your CITIZEN NY0040/NY0045

990K views 3K replies 521 participants last post by  rc2300156 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi folks, i'm quite new to WUS, i was wondering, how could it be that a watch such as the mighty CITIZEN NY0040/NY0045 which in my point of view, is no lesser to SEIKO SKX007/009 (which i own as well), gets far little attention, i'm not getting in to the old debate, of which is better, both equally amazing to me, with pros and cons. what i do think is that CITIZEN NY0040/NY0045 should get more cyberspace, the reason i posted this thread, is to try and enrich the visual knowledge about this truely amazing watch :)

So without further ado Show off your CITIZEN NY0040/NY0045

See less See more
#461 ·
#462 · (Edited)

#479 ·
If you read in previous pages I think there was already a short discussion on the 2 case back designs. And both are legitimate.
The older versions seem to come with engraved back, whereas the newer versions seem to come with laser etched back. But some buyers have observed both in recent purchases, so it could be mixed as well, or perhaps a mix of new stock and old stock by the retailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#488 ·
I have both and I personally do like them both. The Miyota movement seems more accurate though out of the box , but both are easily adjustable anyway. And of course the Citizen hand-winds, so that is a big plus for me.

I don't know why. I keep stealing glances at my Citizen every now and then when I am wearing as compared to my SKX. Maybe it's the polished dial and round markers with glittering borders that has some effect on me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk