WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Show off your CITIZEN NY0040/NY0045

990K views 3K replies 521 participants last post by  rc2300156 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi folks, i'm quite new to WUS, i was wondering, how could it be that a watch such as the mighty CITIZEN NY0040/NY0045 which in my point of view, is no lesser to SEIKO SKX007/009 (which i own as well), gets far little attention, i'm not getting in to the old debate, of which is better, both equally amazing to me, with pros and cons. what i do think is that CITIZEN NY0040/NY0045 should get more cyberspace, the reason i posted this thread, is to try and enrich the visual knowledge about this truely amazing watch :)

So without further ado Show off your CITIZEN NY0040/NY0045

See less See more
#549 ·
They are fantastic. Mine is still pretty accurate, though it's gone from about +1 or +2 to +4 on a bad day... big whoop. Could be the weather.

These seem to be getting harder to find and the prices are creeping up. I think mine was $168 with the OEM steel bracelet about a year and a half ago, and it was the only one listed on 'bay... some crazy outfit in Japan, took the better part of a month to get here, but really glad to have it.

The NY2300s are creeping up in price, too. I think I got mine for around a hundred bucks or so, maybe $110, and those are getting to be around $150.

There's just something about the NY0040, though-- the color of the lume, something in the design. It's an unpretentious tool watch that doesn't scream "I AM AN UNPRETENTIOUS TOOL WATCH." Which is kind of a pretentious thing to say, but that I thought had to be said. :)

Reactions: Aquatap and Casey
#554 · (Edited)
Before Christmas I bought a used Promaster off ebay for very little money as it was quite knocked about. When it came it was far worse than I expected, BUT it kept great time!
What to do? There were some nasty gouges in the case and deep scratches everywhere, so I took out the movement, removed the bezel, insert and crystal. then I took a fine file and removed the deep scratches, being careful to follow the contours of the case and bezel as best I could. Then I went over it with Mothers metal polish and reviewed it. Still more filing and polishing followed, many hours worth. Then I put in a new crystal and a new bezel insert.
Now I have this quite over the top Promaster, but I actually like it. I am going to put on a fully polished bracelet for the complete Breitling effect!

Everyday carry Watch Strap Watch accessory Wrist
Plant

#557 ·
Hi guys, I'm amazed by the ny0040 (Black dial), can you suggest me where to buy this awesome watch at a lower price?
I'm based in Europe, and here watch shops will sell the rubber band version for 230€, and well, I know there are cheaper place qhere to buy it, I just don't know them, so I'd be really thankful if you could give me an advice!

Thanks!

#565 · (Edited)
finally joining the club after years of being an SKXer

got this one off ebay for a good price, loving it so far. However I've noticed that the chapter ring appears blueish - at least in this light. Doesn't seem to be like that on any other photos of the NY0040 i've seen. Almost as if the chapter ring came from the blue model but the dial is definitely all black and not the blue burst... any ideas?

another shot