WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Show off your CITIZEN NY0040/NY0045

990K views 3K replies 521 participants last post by  rc2300156 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi folks, i'm quite new to WUS, i was wondering, how could it be that a watch such as the mighty CITIZEN NY0040/NY0045 which in my point of view, is no lesser to SEIKO SKX007/009 (which i own as well), gets far little attention, i'm not getting in to the old debate, of which is better, both equally amazing to me, with pros and cons. what i do think is that CITIZEN NY0040/NY0045 should get more cyberspace, the reason i posted this thread, is to try and enrich the visual knowledge about this truely amazing watch :)

So without further ado Show off your CITIZEN NY0040/NY0045

See less See more
#620 ·
More trials with straps and bracelets. I got a Super Engineer for my Seiko Monster and thought I would try it on a Promaster, but I think it is a bit too much for it. The leather is just a cheapy. I have three of these now with orange, red and white highlights. Well worth it, I always give them a good polish with neutral colour shoe polish as they are very dull when new. Great value.

Watch Watch accessory Analog watch Fashion accessory Jewellery
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

#625 ·
Killer deal for the black dial. $132 and free shipping! Dang, I'd jump all over it had I not just bought the blue face one(my favorite one). Just because you can't lose money on the watch at that price. Can't find them under $200 in last couple of months. If they had the blue sunburst dial I'd buy everyone and go to the sales corner :)

#626 ·
Couldn't help myself. Got black one on the way. Deal was too good. Good look Aquatap. I can always flip/re-gift it if the black dial doesn't sing to me. I can already tell you that I don't think it will, not like the sunburst blue. Maybe I will just keep it in box and wait a few years... Or better yet, keep the NY0040-17L clean and safe on the SS bracelet. And use this new, least rare of the pair to get the abuse of being my new daily beater.

#628 ·
Just grabbed a 09w.....been looking at this for a while, but the eBay prices were nuts......creation price is very good, and have bought plenty from them to know they are solid......20mm lug size is a bit of a downer, as the majority of my straps/bands are 22!......oh weell, a good addition to my citizen family none the less!

#629 ·
Late last night another member said they were back in stock on eBay for a reasonable price. I found the listing and saw 10 available so decided to go to bed and place the order this morning but when I got up they were all sold o|

Not to worry the word was out on wus that creation had them so I also placed an order for an 09W. It may end up being a little small for me but I have to see what you guys are all raving about.

#630 ·
As soon as a new batch at an affordable price come online, they are quickly sold out. The black ones are getting especially hard to come by. If you've ever been on the fence about getting one of these, snap one up as soon as you see a good buy. They will not be around for much longer.

#634 ·
Mine arrived today.....pretty darn good service from Creation......I went with the full lume 09w, as it will be unique in my collection....love the inverted black indices and lumed dial....very legible....I did change the band, adding the citizen rubber to bag full of nasty Seiko Z22 rubber I have accumulated......strap on there (for now) is a Hadley Roma 22mm....fits nice.....quality appears good, no crown issues, nice that it's a lefty....can't wait to try out the full lume!..for the price, this is a screaming deal.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Black Fashion accessory

#638 ·
Maddog that is the bn0150 model in the background. I like the NATO as well. Finally got the bracelet put on the ny0040-17L. Looks nice. Like others have said about it here is true, it feels cheap. You'd expect more for the price. It looks much better on the ss bracelet than it did on rubber to me. Now just waiting for the black one to arrive from creationwatches.
Wrist Watch Fashion accessory Jewellery Hand
Wrist Hand Arm Finger Bracelet

#643 ·
Collected mine from DHL office last night and to be honest I wasn't really expecting too much from this watch. After ripping the boxes open I was stunned, this is a little beauty :)

The rubber strap was too thin for my wrists so I squeezed in a 22mm zulu until I can get some 20's delivered.

My wrists are over 8.5" and I am quite happy to wear this one.