WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Show off your CITIZEN NY0040/NY0045

990K views 3K replies 521 participants last post by  rc2300156 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi folks, i'm quite new to WUS, i was wondering, how could it be that a watch such as the mighty CITIZEN NY0040/NY0045 which in my point of view, is no lesser to SEIKO SKX007/009 (which i own as well), gets far little attention, i'm not getting in to the old debate, of which is better, both equally amazing to me, with pros and cons. what i do think is that CITIZEN NY0040/NY0045 should get more cyberspace, the reason i posted this thread, is to try and enrich the visual knowledge about this truely amazing watch :)

So without further ado Show off your CITIZEN NY0040/NY0045

See less See more
#650 ·
thank you for the precision about the blue dial ! I will certainly pull the trigger one day...soon :)

I played yesterday with my NY0040 on iso ...

Salut,
Aqualand

Attachments

#652 ·
I think I am becoming a SS snob....played around with various Natos and leather for my full lume NY0040, but in the end went with a strapcode oyster........looks SO good on the bracelet.........I am still blown away by the quality of this citizen, even with it being the cheapest watch in my collection........very impressed and glad I was able to grab one!
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Wrist

#662 ·
While I very much appreciate the courage and creativity, my own experimenting with nato straps, rubber straps etc. ended when I got a stainless steel bracelet. That really rekindled everything I ever felt for the watch. It is just me, I know, but I can't stand any gaps between the case and the bracelet. Curved end links are the only option for me on all my watches. Here is one from earlier on this month:

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Wrist Fashion accessory

#663 ·
While I very much appreciate the courage and creativity, my own experimenting with nato straps, rubber straps etc. ended when I got a stainless steel bracelet. That really rekindled everything I ever felt for the watch. It is just me, I know, but I can't stand any gaps between the case and the bracelet. Curved end links are the only option for me on all my watches. Here is one from earlier on this month:

View attachment 8503610
Superb.
I have often wondered if there is a way to fill the hollow end links with something to beef them up as they tend to go out of shape with wear. As far as I am concerned that is the only problem with them.