WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Show off your CITIZEN NY0040/NY0045

990K views 3K replies 521 participants last post by  rc2300156 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi folks, i'm quite new to WUS, i was wondering, how could it be that a watch such as the mighty CITIZEN NY0040/NY0045 which in my point of view, is no lesser to SEIKO SKX007/009 (which i own as well), gets far little attention, i'm not getting in to the old debate, of which is better, both equally amazing to me, with pros and cons. what i do think is that CITIZEN NY0040/NY0045 should get more cyberspace, the reason i posted this thread, is to try and enrich the visual knowledge about this truely amazing watch :)

So without further ado Show off your CITIZEN NY0040/NY0045

See less See more
#827 ·
#837 ·
They pop up from time to time on the for sale forum. The price has been high though ~ $200 -$250. I was lucky enough to get a blue dial version off a forum member a few month ago. So bummed that this model was discontinued by citizen. Wished people had showed more support in the past. I don't understand how the fan base for this watch is vastly smaller than the skx line. Good luck hunting, it'll be worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#839 ·
Today, after many months with your bandstand stainless bracelet I switched back to the original rubber and I think it looks terrific. And it feels terrific, really super comfortable. It gets that classic 80s 90s diver look, which is supposed to have. Nothing wrong with the original configuration, is there?

Skickat frĂĄn min iPhone med Tapatalk Pro

#846 ·
Not been on for a while because of stuff getting in the way. I have got the time again to to spend on watches, and am about to start a project. I hav a couple of beat up NY0040's that work fine, but look very rough. One has no hands!
Does any one out there know the difference between the 8200 and 8203 movements and are the hands interchangeable?
It seems I can get hand sets for the 8200 easily, but not the 8203. I think the movements are essentially the same, but I am not sure.

#853 ·
It seems to be that both movements are the same apart from the orientation of the crown position, so the hands for the 8200 will fit the 8203. Also Dagaz no date dials for Seiko 7S26 etc will fit the NY0040 case if you remove the dial feet and use dial dots. So I am going to attempt a mod using aftermarket parts and will post shots of the results.