WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Show off your CITIZEN NY0040/NY0045

990K views 3K replies 521 participants last post by  rc2300156 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi folks, i'm quite new to WUS, i was wondering, how could it be that a watch such as the mighty CITIZEN NY0040/NY0045 which in my point of view, is no lesser to SEIKO SKX007/009 (which i own as well), gets far little attention, i'm not getting in to the old debate, of which is better, both equally amazing to me, with pros and cons. what i do think is that CITIZEN NY0040/NY0045 should get more cyberspace, the reason i posted this thread, is to try and enrich the visual knowledge about this truely amazing watch :)

So without further ado Show off your CITIZEN NY0040/NY0045

See less See more
#943 ·
Hi jtaka1!

Looks good!

How do you like the Cheapestnatostraps Tropic?
Is it comfortable?
Does it attract dust or lint?

Thank you!

#944 ·
It's like really hard plastic with kind of a glossy look. Worse than a brand new z22. But it doesn't collect dust.
As for comfort, it was awful. However, as I do whit all my stiff straps, I put it in a cup with boiling water to make a curve. Now it's comfortable and I think looks really cool.

#945 ·
Shame on you all! You made me place an order for a blue one just a few minutes ago...

#952 ·
For a few years now there have been posts and rumours about the Citizen NY0040 being discontinued and out of production.

Last Thurday my new new NY0040-17LEM was delivered. A blue dial version with both the OEM bracelet and the OEM blue rubber strap (neither of which probably ever will be used by me - right now I'm wearing it on a black Eulit Palma double weave Perlon, but a black Bonetto Cinturini 300 is in transit to me).

No pictures yet, despite this being the "show off"-thread, but rather to the first sentence of my post:
About the NY0040 being in or out of production; my serial number starts with 7D, which should be a year ending with a "7", and the month should be December. So 2007 or 2017? The caseback is laser engraved rather than stamped, and the lume is very good and even in colour and intensity (hands vs dial markers) and lasts until the morning, so I'd have to say December 2017 - 3 months old!

#961 ·
My lumed dial NY0040-09W has a serial number starting with "37". The caseback looks like it wasn't lasered(looks coarse or rough to my untrained eyes), although the serial number looks finely printed or etched. Would that mean the watch was manufactured in July 2013? Would appreciate your opinion.

#954 ·
I have had my eye on the Citizen NY0040 on the bracelet for a while. Do you recommend the bracelet or an aftermarket one? I know it’s not the same quality as the BN00150-61E with the nice dive suit extension. I don’t see many places that have the NY0040 in stock except on eBay.
Where do you recommend I find one? There is this one place that comes in a kit with a bracelet and rubber strap from a company called Mastersintime out of The Netherlands I believe.
Any advice would help. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#956 ·
I have had my eye on the Citizen NY0040 on the bracelet for a while. Do you recommend the bracelet or an aftermarket one? I know it's not the same quality as the BN00150-61E with the nice dive suit extension. I don't see many places that have the NY0040 in stock except on eBay.
Where do you recommend I find one? There is this one place that comes in a kit with a bracelet and rubber strap from a company called Mastersintime out of The Netherlands I believe.
Any advice would help. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Try Masters In Time (Holland Watch Group). The Blue and Black models on strap are still available in Italy and a few other European countries. The bracelet that comes on these is pretty bad. It has folded end links, folded links and a rickety divers extension. There is a $30 bracelet sold on EBay for this watch. It has a diver's clasp, solid links but still has folded end links. It's supposedly much better than the Promaster one with folded links. I'm a bracelet guy too but I'd probably just wear the rubber or a NATO if I got one. I despise folded end links.

Masters In Time has the black but is out of stock of the blue presently. Otherwise Ebay is probably you're best bet. People have gotten them on Duty Free Island as well but not sure how often they get stock.

Citizen NY0040-09EE watch - Promaster Sea

#958 ·
I got my BN0151-09L (blue dial and rubber strap version) from the states (purchased directly from Amazon.com at the time). They did release both the black and blue strap variants in Canada later after I already had mine. I had contacted Citizen Canada about it before I bought one but was told it wasn’t being released in Canada.... Guess I should have waited. I ordered the Promaster bracelet from Citizen Canada for about $140 CAD and waited 3 months for them to get it from Hong Kong.

Yeah sorry my Masters In Time defaults to CAD pricing. They are an authorized dealer so you do get an official 1 year international warranty with the watch. I bought a Citizen BN0100-51E from them 2 years ago. I did get dinged for customs but it was worth it to get an Excaliber.

#959 ·
I got my BN0151-09L (blue dial and rubber strap version) from the states (purchased directly from Amazon.com at the time). They did release both the black and blue strap variants in Canada later after I already had mine. I had contacted Citizen Canada about it before I bought one but was told it wasn't being released in Canada.... Guess I should have waited. I ordered the Promaster bracelet from Citizen Canada for about $140 CAD and waited 3 months for them to get it from Hong Kong.

Yeah sorry my Masters In Time defaults to CAD pricing. They are an authorized dealer so you do get an official 1 year international warranty with the watch. I bought a Citizen BN0100-51E from them 2 years ago. I did get dinged for customs but it was worth it to get an Excaliber.
Thank you for the information. I completely forgot that the blue and black Citizen Prime models were available in Canada. I remember seeing some in a shop in a mall nearby. Usually with some discounts. Even online the strap versions are below $250. It would mean that I have to buy the bracelet separately though. Did you get the bracelet from Citizen Canada for the BN0151-9L? Or the NY0040?

I know there a guy in the states Hurley Roberts who sells the proper Citizen bracelet with a unique wetsuit extension BN0151-9L for $113 USD. It comes up to roughly $146 CAD but also requires shipping. I guess I can give the Citizen Canada centre a call. I hope dutyfreeisland gets more in stock. The BN0150-61e bracelet version sells for around $275 CAD.

Well thanks again for your help. I really appreciate your assistance.

#963 · (Edited)
Another thing about the blue dial version I received last Thursday:
Up until now it is running very accurately - currently ca 5 seconds fast in 8 days. I wonder if it will get worse or better once it's been in use a months or two...

Edit: Can't realistically really get any better, so likely will get somewhat worse.

#973 ·
<snip>
Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Nordland, is your gf a waitress at Daan Koffie in de Baarsjes as well as a PADI diver? :O :p

Reactions: nordland_nl
#972 ·

Mine and that of a waitress at a local Amsterdam diner (Dutchies will know this as a "snackbar") that I walked into! Doesn't happen every day that you get to spot a 0040 in the wild!