WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Show off your CITIZEN NY0040/NY0045

990K views 3K replies 521 participants last post by  rc2300156 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi folks, i'm quite new to WUS, i was wondering, how could it be that a watch such as the mighty CITIZEN NY0040/NY0045 which in my point of view, is no lesser to SEIKO SKX007/009 (which i own as well), gets far little attention, i'm not getting in to the old debate, of which is better, both equally amazing to me, with pros and cons. what i do think is that CITIZEN NY0040/NY0045 should get more cyberspace, the reason i posted this thread, is to try and enrich the visual knowledge about this truely amazing watch :)

So without further ado Show off your CITIZEN NY0040/NY0045

See less See more
#988 ·
Hi all
i have just picked up the blue version NY0040 to go alongside my blue eco-drive 200m pro-master that I have been using while snorkelling, having just started snorkelling while on holiday - the watch performing perfectly - and have a question about the bezel on the NY0040.

I had read the reviews and knew that the bezel is 60 clicks, solid, but has an industrial feel when compared to my eco-drive - which is fine, not a problem, however the bezel in mine seems to be slightly sprung - in that you can push down directly from above on the bezel and it gives against the case slightly and then springs back...

Is this normal for this watch?

Reason for my question, is that I am sure I remember reading somewhere on this forum that the bezel was designed slightly sprung so it would be easier to wash out any sand/grit/salt water from a dive - in response to somebody else asking a similar question....

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

#990 ·
Hi all
i have just picked up the blue version NY0040 to go alongside my blue eco-drive 200m pro-master that I have been using while snorkelling, having just started snorkelling while on holiday - the watch performing perfectly - and have a question about the bezel on the NY0040.

I had read the reviews and knew that the bezel is 60 clicks, solid, but has an industrial feel when compared to my eco-drive - which is fine, not a problem, however the bezel in mine seems to be slightly sprung - in that you can push down directly from above on the bezel and it gives against the case slightly and then springs back...

Is this normal for this watch?

Reason for my question, is that I am sure I remember reading somewhere on this forum that the bezel was designed slightly sprung so it would be easier to wash out any sand/grit/salt water from a dive - in response to somebody else asking a similar question....

Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Yes mine will do this, if you push down it will spring back up.

#995 · (Edited)

#999 ·
#1,001 ·
To those who have modded their 0040s

1. Did you change the crystal yourself? Lots of videos on modding seiko but none for our 0040.
How does the stem get released? I assume the job is overall similar to the seiko.

2. I would love to change my bezel to a Pepsi and there are 0023 Pepsi bezels on ebay. I recall someone saying that the fit is not perfect but very close (small gap at the outer part). Is this an easy job? Pry off the bezel and push out the ring just like.... the seiko. Any risk of damaging the bezel.

Such a keeper that I would like to upgrade it.

#1,004 ·
Is that the Pepsi bezel for the ny0023? It seems to be not flush and sticks out, I thought this bezel will leave only a very small gap. I didn't see any mention of it not sitting flush. Could you confirm?

Nice bracelet on the 0040, seems to fit very well! Where did you get it?

#1,005 ·
The pepsi bezel for the ny0040, yes, it is from ny2300...
Because i couldn't change th original, I just glue it over! In real life looks good, no problem...
I don't remember from where i buy it the bracelet, i ll search...

Στάλθηκε από το Redmi Note 4 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

#1,014 ·
I just received my blue dial. Anyone knows why some caseback is laser printed and some are engraved/etched?

My old NY0045 is engraved but my new blue is laser printed.
I wonder why the difference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#1,016 ·
I just received my blue dial. Anyone knows why some caseback is laser printed and some are engraved/etched?

My old NY0045 is engraved but my new blue is laser printed.
I wonder why the difference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Depends on manufacturing year. Older ones are engraved, newer ones are laser. Don't know when they changed though

Reactions: achilles
#1,017 ·
With black hands for better contrast, this would be my all time favorite!