WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Show off your CITIZEN NY0040/NY0045

990K views 3K replies 521 participants last post by  rc2300156 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi folks, i'm quite new to WUS, i was wondering, how could it be that a watch such as the mighty CITIZEN NY0040/NY0045 which in my point of view, is no lesser to SEIKO SKX007/009 (which i own as well), gets far little attention, i'm not getting in to the old debate, of which is better, both equally amazing to me, with pros and cons. what i do think is that CITIZEN NY0040/NY0045 should get more cyberspace, the reason i posted this thread, is to try and enrich the visual knowledge about this truely amazing watch :)

So without further ado Show off your CITIZEN NY0040/NY0045

See less See more
#1,020 ·
New to me! Amazing watch, that flew under my radar a long time. Was initially looking for the newer version (bn0150), but then I got offered both a NY0040 and BN0150. And for first time seriously started looking at the 0040.
Glad I did! Its a great watch. Especially the polished black dial is what won me over from the 0150. Matte dials always bug me, somehow looks cheaper and more plasticky. Love the contrast of the NY0040 dial!

Put it on a canvas strap, which looks good, but also ordered the yourbandstand bracelet. Thought I would prefer it on a bracelet, but right now it actually seems right in place on this canvas. Will see when the bracelet arrives.

#1,028 ·
Sorry to bombard this thread, but I have a question that the answer to might help more than just myself.

Is there a definitive list of all the sub-models of this watch? I remember seeing a list of what the code was for each region they were meant to be sold in. I can't find it again. There was (if memory serves me correctly) Northern Europe, Southern Europe, Americas, and Asia. The little code on the end told you what the other language was on the day wheel. If anyone can find that and post it here, it'd help not only myself, but other's that are fans of these wonderful dive watches!

Thanks in advance!!

#1,040 ·
Found this link as well with some more details and images: https://citizenasialimited.com/

View attachment 13367889
That looks interesting! Wonder what finish the dials have? If it's gloss like the 0040, its a winner imho. Its definitely a bit more modern looking, however think its also lost a bit of the quirky character of its older brother; I've grown to love the green tint of the lume and the odd shape of the markers and hands.

#1,041 ·