WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Show off your CITIZEN NY0040/NY0045

990K views 3K replies 521 participants last post by  rc2300156 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi folks, i'm quite new to WUS, i was wondering, how could it be that a watch such as the mighty CITIZEN NY0040/NY0045 which in my point of view, is no lesser to SEIKO SKX007/009 (which i own as well), gets far little attention, i'm not getting in to the old debate, of which is better, both equally amazing to me, with pros and cons. what i do think is that CITIZEN NY0040/NY0045 should get more cyberspace, the reason i posted this thread, is to try and enrich the visual knowledge about this truely amazing watch :)

So without further ado Show off your CITIZEN NY0040/NY0045

See less See more
#1,067 ·
Ive put mine on a Strapcode Endmill

Watch Analog watch Blue Watch accessory Fashion accessory

Fashion accessory Wrist Watch Jewellery Watch accessory

Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Wrist Jewellery

Im really enjoying this bracelet.

#1,068 · (Edited)

#1,080 ·
Hi,

back to the ny-0040 ! Fantastic thread with fantastic pis ! not sure now what I think about the new one. Maybe should see one in flesh but impossible....I I tried to regulate my blue ny-0040 since two-three days and finally get a really good result: -2sec/24h ! I am happy :)

here the blue-beast :

Attachments

#1,088 ·
Newb question...what's the difference between the 0040 and the 0045?

I'm really torn between the SKX and the Citizen. Leaning towards the Citizen though because for one...it's not as common which I like and I think it is a better looking watch. Not that the SKX isn't a great looking watch. I do like how modifiable the SKX is too but in all likelihood I wouldn't be doing much of that anyways outside maybe a sapphire replacement upgrade.

Also...where are some reputable places to look at the 0040/45 to purchase? I'm in the US but not opposed to ordering from overseas.

#1,089 ·
Newb question...what's the difference between the 0040 and the 0045?

I'm really torn between the SKX and the Citizen. Leaning towards the Citizen though because for one...it's not as common which I like and I think it is a better looking watch. Not that the SKX isn't a great looking watch. I do like how modifiable the SKX is too but in all likelihood I wouldn't be doing much of that anyways outside maybe a sapphire replacement upgrade.

Also...where are some reputable places to look at the 0040/45 to purchase? I'm in the US but not opposed to ordering from overseas.
The ny0045 has the bezel, crown and hands in gold colour.

I bought mine from here: https://www.amazon.de/Citizen-Herren-Armbanduhr-Promaster-Analog-NY0040-09EE/dp/B0006FL77E

#1,090 ·
Ok...I did see that but wasn't sure if it was more difference than that. I prefer the 0040 then but the 0045 is nice still. So how about these watches being modded? Not seeing too much. I don't think I'd do much to it if I find one to buy. I'm not super crazy about the hands so maybe I'd swap them out...I figure those are pretty universal to buy new ones and make the change? How about the crystal and dial? Are those being changed out by anyone? I still like how the SKX has a lot of support by the modding community but honestly I'm just not sure if I got one if I'd ever end up actually modding it. Still a little torn but I've looked at more pics and watched some more videos and I am leaning towards the Citizen even more. Stock v. stock I like the Citizen's looks more despite not being crazy about the hands and from what I can tell the Citizen seems to be a better quality watch overall. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

#1,091 ·
The NY0040 it´s not a watch to modd. Simple as that.

In my opinion, the NY0040 is better then the SKX in everything except when it comes to moddifications. If you want that, go for the SKX, otherwise, and if you like the NY0040, I don´t see why you would go for the SKX instead of the NY0040.

#1,093 ·
Also, the Citizen has more details then the SKX like the aplied indices. The crown at 8 o´clock with the curvy case makes it very confortable to use on the left arm. It also was used for about 10 years by the italian marine. It´s a great caracter watch, especial for the price.

...and have a much better quality control than the seiko skx. That´s a real problem in the SKX line.