WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Show off your CITIZEN NY0040/NY0045

990K views 3K replies 521 participants last post by  rc2300156 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi folks, i'm quite new to WUS, i was wondering, how could it be that a watch such as the mighty CITIZEN NY0040/NY0045 which in my point of view, is no lesser to SEIKO SKX007/009 (which i own as well), gets far little attention, i'm not getting in to the old debate, of which is better, both equally amazing to me, with pros and cons. what i do think is that CITIZEN NY0040/NY0045 should get more cyberspace, the reason i posted this thread, is to try and enrich the visual knowledge about this truely amazing watch :)

So without further ado Show off your CITIZEN NY0040/NY0045

See less See more
#1,269 ·
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Product
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Product

I like them and I'm always in favor of more watches, especially Citizen automatic divers. But I feel like they just asked "What would Tudor do?" And then they Black Bayed all of the Promasters. "Let's add a little gilt here. Promaster BB Red, Promaster BB Blue, BB Black of course, Oh we need a green Harrod's edition, maybe a Promaster BB S & G for the two-tone lovers." Nothing wrong with the Black Bay, I like it, but I think Citizen could have come up with their own thing. I also think something with an upgraded bracelet would be a welcome addition but then of course the price would head north. If I get a chance to pick up one of these or the new European models at a good price, I definitely will. But I'm fairly certain I would eventually flip it and just keep my NY0040.

#1,270 ·
View attachment 14317445 View attachment 14317449 View attachment 14317453 View attachment 14317455 View attachment 14317457 View attachment 14317459

I like them and I'm always in favor of more watches, especially Citizen automatic divers. But I feel like they just asked "What would Tudor do?" And then they Black Bayed all of the Promasters. "Let's add a little gilt here. Promaster BB Red, Promaster BB Blue, BB Black of course, Oh we need a green Harrod's edition, maybe a Promaster BB S & G for the two-tone lovers." Nothing wrong with the Black Bay, I like it, but I think Citizen could have come up with their own thing. I also think something with an upgraded bracelet would be a welcome addition but then of course the price would head north. If I get a chance to pick up one of these or the new European models at a good price, I definitely will. But I'm fairly certain I would eventually flip it and just keep my NY0040.
Despite all these limited edition ones, I feel they don't have the rich history as the NY0040. Unless citizen decide on upgrading the movement or the crystal, I would have a hard time parting ways with NY0040.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#1,295 ·
Thanks for a great sequence of photos. The blue is great in any light.
I have one that's still boxed after I brought it about 6 months ago in Germany.
The only reason for this is that I am still wearing my full lume Ny0040W in rotation with my blue Mako2, Hamtun H1 (full lume) and a couple of other beaters.
The NY for me is a real character and I get more out of it than many of my more expensive pieces.
I keep thinking about completely turning my collection around, but the NYs are keepers.

#1,301 ·