WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Show off your CITIZEN NY0040/NY0045

990K views 3K replies 521 participants last post by  rc2300156 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi folks, i'm quite new to WUS, i was wondering, how could it be that a watch such as the mighty CITIZEN NY0040/NY0045 which in my point of view, is no lesser to SEIKO SKX007/009 (which i own as well), gets far little attention, i'm not getting in to the old debate, of which is better, both equally amazing to me, with pros and cons. what i do think is that CITIZEN NY0040/NY0045 should get more cyberspace, the reason i posted this thread, is to try and enrich the visual knowledge about this truely amazing watch :)

So without further ado Show off your CITIZEN NY0040/NY0045

See less See more
#1,340 · (Edited)
These little buggers on some watches can be a bear till you figure them out! I find the stubby hole punch, on the reverse side of most Swiss Army knives, gives great leverage for pushing out the connecting link that marries the two outside links together. In your case, the hole to use is opposite and furthest from the arrow. The knife body becomes like a "T" for a good grip and the sharp point of the tool fits the hole in the bracelet to push out the link easily. Nothing else worked for me. Good luck.

Attachments

#1,348 ·
What’s the lume line on new (current production) NY0040 models? Is it still green lume or does it use the newer blue Citizen lume?I picked up one of the 2018 Fugu models in the spring but flipped it as the lume was really poor. Hands were “ok” but the dial hour markers were really faint and a blotchy application. My OCD couldn’t come to terms with it. Kind of want an NY0040 but I’ve seen quite a bit of variation on the lume quality judging by photos and YouTube videos.

#1,349 ·
What's the lume line on new (current production) NY0040 models? Is it still green lume or does it use the newer blue Citizen lume?I picked up one of the 2018 Fugu models in the spring but flipped it as the lume was really poor. Hands were "ok" but the dial hour markers were really faint and a blotchy application. My OCD couldn't come to terms with it. Kind of want an NY0040 but I've seen quite a bit of variation on the lume quality judging by photos and YouTube videos.
I had the same problem with a bn0150 that I had. Yet, I had a bn0151 that was absolutely perfect.. go figure.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

#1,369 ·
These wear smaller than both the SKX and the Promaster BN0151 quartz (I have all three right now). Couple reasons. The NY00x is noticeably thinner than the SKX, and a bit smaller in diameter. Also, having no crown on the right side shrinks it down a bit visually. My NY0099 is one of the most comfortable divers I've had. I find the SKX tall enough to be top heavy for me. Mine (actually a LIW Islander) is soon to be moved on.

The BN0151 is a bunch wider (44mm) but also pretty thin. It wears well but is certainly not a small watch. For me it feels better on wrist than the SKX due to the lower height.

So I got curious, and pullout out the calipers to see the numbers:

SKX: 42.5mm wide, 14mm thick
BN0151: 44mm wide, 11.5 thick
NY0099: 42mm wide, 12.5 thick

In some ways the SKX feels the largest due to that height (at least on my wrist). The BN0151 is big but with that short height it still feels comfy. The NY0099 is a real sweet spot for me, absolutely great on the wrist.

With them lined up on my desk they don't look all that different is size, but they do feel it on wrist.

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery