WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Show off your CITIZEN NY0040/NY0045

990K views 3K replies 521 participants last post by  rc2300156 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi folks, i'm quite new to WUS, i was wondering, how could it be that a watch such as the mighty CITIZEN NY0040/NY0045 which in my point of view, is no lesser to SEIKO SKX007/009 (which i own as well), gets far little attention, i'm not getting in to the old debate, of which is better, both equally amazing to me, with pros and cons. what i do think is that CITIZEN NY0040/NY0045 should get more cyberspace, the reason i posted this thread, is to try and enrich the visual knowledge about this truely amazing watch :)

So without further ado Show off your CITIZEN NY0040/NY0045

See less See more
#1,531 ·
I have never been on this page. I'm more of a Seiko diver guy. I picked up a Citizen NY series years ago. I wore it as a work watch/beater. I flooded it once when I dove and forgot to screw the crown down. I unscrewed the back and let it sit over night. One day, I looked at that little rascal on my wrist and decided to stop abusing it. I sent it off and had it gone through , lubed and new crystal. It has been the best darn watch and I love the 7 o'clock crown. i wear it on a black NATO and get remarks all the time, some ask if I have it on the right wrist...LOL

#1,544 ·
Just got a new blue one (NY0040-17LE) from amazon.uk. Serial number 0120XXXXX which suggests a production date Jan 2020. Quite disappointed though, as the bezel has a significant up/down play when you push it downwards, feels like sitting on a spring and also some tiny (but visible) spec of dust inside under the glass. I had the black version few years ago and remember it was spotless, so QC seems to be going in seiko direction. Will keep it for a few days at least to see how the movement behaves in terms of decent accuracy but most prolly returning it. Such a shame as its maybe the most comfortable citizen I own (have another 6 or 7 mostly ecodrives between 37-43 mm cases)

#1,564 ·

Attachments

#1,569 ·
Find 5 differences!
View attachment 15123431

As for the bracelets, I have both OEM and full links from e-bay. None of tchem I am able to get a good fit. So I went with Ericas Originals with this piece!
I see you ended up getting the LE? The red on the minute hand and second hand tip are subtle but make a huge difference in aesthetic. To me, those little things make the LE worth going for. I wish they did the same on the Pepsi version.

What are you gonna do with the NY0085 on the left? Beater? Sell?