WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Show off your CITIZEN NY0040/NY0045

990K views 3K replies 521 participants last post by  rc2300156 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi folks, i'm quite new to WUS, i was wondering, how could it be that a watch such as the mighty CITIZEN NY0040/NY0045 which in my point of view, is no lesser to SEIKO SKX007/009 (which i own as well), gets far little attention, i'm not getting in to the old debate, of which is better, both equally amazing to me, with pros and cons. what i do think is that CITIZEN NY0040/NY0045 should get more cyberspace, the reason i posted this thread, is to try and enrich the visual knowledge about this truely amazing watch :)

So without further ado Show off your CITIZEN NY0040/NY0045

See less See more
#1,728 ·
Your dial has a slightly better font than mine. But the same caseback.....

But ok gonna live with it.

Just hope everyone else aside from me is right! Awaiting a reply to a detailed email to Citizen, Hamburg.

Mine is still in box unworn. Had it just 6 days now. Unworn with 40 turns its +12 seconds in 1 x full 24hr period so can live with that.....probably me more though worn..... does your DAY wheel clunk ? ! When ' manually ' changing Mon, Tues etc

Ok will try and enjoy mine. You have a better Citizen font on dial so be happy !

Colin

#1,747 ·
Sold one two days ago with miyota 8203 to the buyer in states. Bought new one yesterday, metal and rubber band, model -17lem. February production date and miyota 8204 ( it has hacking)

I didnt become friends with metal band and sold it immediately. Gonna wear it on rubber but not Citizen one, ordered from Alieexpress Fluoro rubber in 4 colors

#1,749 ·
You wrote your comment.in his post, not under it. Maybe he will get the notification. Also, maybe he used some phone filter on the photo so thats why it looks like teal rubber.

Edit: he has instagram and on it in photo description, he wrote that strap is from cheapnatostraps.com.

#1,765 ·
My dedicated vacation-watch since I bought it in 2018:
Same here! It has a number of features which I like for taking it on vacation:
Durable, accurate and water resistant.
Has day/date, which on vacation is about the only time I might not know these.
Doesn't attract thieves or repel people from whom I'm seeking service (salesperson, bartender).
Not so expensive I would cry if I forgot it in the hotel, although I would miss it!