WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Show off your CITIZEN NY0040/NY0045

990K views 3K replies 521 participants last post by  rc2300156 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi folks, i'm quite new to WUS, i was wondering, how could it be that a watch such as the mighty CITIZEN NY0040/NY0045 which in my point of view, is no lesser to SEIKO SKX007/009 (which i own as well), gets far little attention, i'm not getting in to the old debate, of which is better, both equally amazing to me, with pros and cons. what i do think is that CITIZEN NY0040/NY0045 should get more cyberspace, the reason i posted this thread, is to try and enrich the visual knowledge about this truely amazing watch :)

So without further ado Show off your CITIZEN NY0040/NY0045

See less See more
#1,767 · (Edited)
Can I join the club?

Just bought my NY0040 for diving next week, once I destroyed the crown of my SMP300.

I really love the 90's feel, the 60 click bezel, the stiff rubber band, all the "old stuff" are charming and purposeful.

This unit was the only available in my town in Germany, window watch and still 8203 no-hacking.

I feel like I bought a 0km 1997 Toyota Hilux :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#1,788 ·
First post but just wanted to say thanks to the previous posters, it was their comments and pictures that gave me the final push to go for one and I love it. The quality is amazing. It's my first 'proper' watch i.e bought with some knowledge and forethought and I couldn't be happier. I was concerned with the size having 6 3/8" wrists with a 55mm width but can't believe how small it wears. I started off mainly thinking I could only afford a Chinese 'catalogue' watch with the small budget I was willing to spend but I'm so pleased I was able to stretch the budget slightly and get a 'proper' Diver with real heritage, history and quality. I didn't get on with the rubber strap so have it on a Marine Nationale style strap and it's really comfortable for day to day life. The fact I'm left hand makes it feel like the watch was made for me.

I also appear to have got an 'interim' one with an 8204 movement with hacking, 8204 paperwork, 8204 case back but an 8203 dial.

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Finger

#1,790 · (Edited)
I'm not sure if there is an 8204 dial, guessing they're just using up old dial stock? I'm assuming the only change will be to the code at the bottom rather than anything stylistic.

I was wondering if I could get a bit of advice from you fine people?

My accuracy seems to be at the higher end of acceptability and even out of tolerance depending on position when measured. Please see the readings below:

I used the search function for this discussion and found a few readings at sub 10 s/day. Do you think I've got cause to be concerned and should perhaps return it for another example? Fortunately I purchased from Amazon as I was unsure about the size, so returns aren't an issue, but unfortunately I purchased the last example. There is, however, a UK based eBay seller with good reputation selling 3 new examples at the same price as I paid so I won't be losing any money.

I'm aware that watches can be regulated so also would appreciate advice as to whether this is a route I could go down. My main concern with this is whether it would cost more than it's worth when a replacement is possible?

I should add that I'm in no way questioning the quality of the watch and I'm aware that it is in tolerance for the movement. It's just when I've seen others posts remarking on the accuracy of it and quoting sub 10 second figures I wonder if I've got a below average one. With supply being in such short order I feel like I need to act quickly to secure a 'good' example before they're all gone! (If that is indeed necessary.)

Thanks in advance for any help I may receive!