WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Show off your CITIZEN NY0040/NY0045

990K views 3K replies 521 participants last post by  rc2300156 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi folks, i'm quite new to WUS, i was wondering, how could it be that a watch such as the mighty CITIZEN NY0040/NY0045 which in my point of view, is no lesser to SEIKO SKX007/009 (which i own as well), gets far little attention, i'm not getting in to the old debate, of which is better, both equally amazing to me, with pros and cons. what i do think is that CITIZEN NY0040/NY0045 should get more cyberspace, the reason i posted this thread, is to try and enrich the visual knowledge about this truely amazing watch :)

So without further ado Show off your CITIZEN NY0040/NY0045

See less See more
#151 · (Edited)

I also have original black rubber strap and a stainless steeel should arrive any day now from eBay (not OEM, I'll post the pics). But this one is my favourite lately. A kind of vintage smooth brown leather and it it was only $14.00 in a local watch store. This is my first ever post on this forum, so I hope you guys like it. Cheers from Croatia!

#155 ·
welcome to the forum Hrvoge , and what a nice first post really like that strap. DW.

I also have original black rubber strap and a stainless steeel should arrive any day now from eBay (not OEM, I'll post the pics). But this one is my favourite lately. A kind of vintage smooth brown leather and it it was only $14.00 in a local watch store. This is my first ever post on this forum, so I hope you guys like it. Cheers from Croatia!

#192 ·
Did a little playing around today to end up with a different bracelet on my blue NY0040.

Let me first say that I have the OEM bracelet, which generally I don't mind, but I understand the comments about it being tinny. The folded links are cheap and noisy sometimes.

So here's the OEM.

I was cleaning my citizen nighthawk, when I thought how similar the bracelets looked. I compared them, look closely, the OEM is on top of the nighthawk. There looks to be only a 2mm difference in the first link.:

OEM end link paired up to nighthawk bracelet.

I had an extra nighthawk bracelet and decided to dremel it up to see if I could get a decent fit. I've never dremeled anything before, and honestly think with a little practice I could have gotten a better result. But anyways, after about 20 minutes, this was the result.

#197 ·
Very nice work on the Nighthawk.

It is astounding what an issue the bracelet turns out to be with these Citizens, I'm lucky that I like the OEM and was willing to pay for it-- maybe it's an issue with any diver if you go with a non-OEM bracelet. With my 2300, I got an off-brand, cheapo shark clone and it was... ALMOST okay, sometimes I like it, sometimes I don't. It was better than the linked stainless steel non OEM that I tried cobbling together for it, which looked ridiculous compared to the solutions in this thread.

I am starting to understand why people like NATOs or stock rubber... it's just simpler in a lot of ways. But I am crazy about this particular watch, after owning it a couple of months, I think it's my favorite auto, probably wearing it more than any of the others. Very accurate, unpretentious even with the steel bracelet... I can wear it playing a show at a club or working in an inner city clinic.