WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Show off your CITIZEN NY0040/NY0045

990K views 3K replies 521 participants last post by  rc2300156 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi folks, i'm quite new to WUS, i was wondering, how could it be that a watch such as the mighty CITIZEN NY0040/NY0045 which in my point of view, is no lesser to SEIKO SKX007/009 (which i own as well), gets far little attention, i'm not getting in to the old debate, of which is better, both equally amazing to me, with pros and cons. what i do think is that CITIZEN NY0040/NY0045 should get more cyberspace, the reason i posted this thread, is to try and enrich the visual knowledge about this truely amazing watch :)

So without further ado Show off your CITIZEN NY0040/NY0045

See less See more
#1,906 · (Edited)
I decided to pick up anSKX009 I found at a good price. Now I obviously need a Citizen NY0040 or like. I briefly owned one of the 2018 FUGU releases, but flipped it as the lume was really poor. I'm torn between getting a bacl dial NY0040-09EE or the blue/PEPSI NY0086-16LE. I was leaning towards the back dial as the SKX009 is already a PEPSI bezel.

NY0040-09EE: I like the inky black dial, though I've heard the lume on the dial markers is usually much weaker than the hands (poor lume is a pet peeve of mine). Also has green lume which makes the markers looks a bit off-white. Benefit is a newer one might have an 8204 movement with both hacking/handwinding.

NY0086-16L: (I'd get the strap version) I like the overall look and the dial markers appear white as it seems to have blue lume on the hands and hour markers (also looks like a stronger application from some reviews). As far as I've seen these only have the 8203, so no hacking function. But you do get a nice Promaster signed crown.

Anyone have a newer production NY0040 and an NY0086 that can comment on the quality of lume compared between the models?

#1,907 ·
I've got NY0040 with 8204 so it's a newer version, but with blue dial, and slightly yellow markers.
I also have a NY0085 with 8203. White markers, black dial.

The lume is the same to me. It's OK not much difference except colour. I'm not much of a lume guy to be honest but I'd say they are both the same. Main difference is the black dial with white markers is much nicer than the older model NY0040's.

#1,914 ·
Ok thanks for all the photos. Now I’m really perplexed. I like the signed crown and white looking markers with blue tinted lume on the NY0085/86. I also like the writing/markings on the dials better of the 85/86. That inky black dial of the NY0040 is definitely attractive and I’d like to buy a newer one with the 8204 if posible. The lume is strange as I’ve now seen full green lume, full blue lume and blue hands with green markers on NY400. Very strange…..wonder when and why they changed the lume?

#1,915 ·

#1,928 ·
Today I'm trying this old school German bracelet, the "Uhrenarmband Karlsruhe Edelstahl SES Faltschließe von Vollmer".

This little beast is a strap monster. I would love to find an "Uncle Citizen" or Strapcode dedicating some time to create nice end links as we see for the already dead competition (I mean skx of course)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#1,933 ·
Just purchased this Citizen NY0040-09W from an AD in Italy that had a sale. Made it from Italy to my door in Canada in less than 3 days. To disprove and dispel the myth that these are out of production, check out mine. Caseback has the updated 8204 with hacking. As for the serial number, it starts with "15" meaning May 2021 production date. Looks great and I love the full lume dial. I was surprised to see it with the older Promaster logo buckle. I thought all of these had the more plain unsigned buckle now and this was an old outdated version of the strap?

Watch Hand Analog watch Plant Clock

Watch Hand Plant Arm Analog watch

Watch Analog watch Plant Clock Silver

Watch Analog watch Material property Wrist Font

#1,934 ·
Just purchased this Citizen NY0040-09W from an AD in Italy that had a sale. Made it from Italy to my door in Canada in less than 3 days. To disprove and dispel the myth that these are out of production, check out mine. Caseback has the updated 8204 with hacking. As for the serial number, it starts with "15" meaning May 2021 production date. Looks great and I love the full lume dial. I was surprised to see it with the older Promaster logo buckle. I thought all of these had the more plain unsigned buckle now and this was an old outdated version of the strap?

View attachment 16126436

View attachment 16126437

View attachment 16126438

View attachment 16126439
Wow this is so temping… can you share the source? Omg so cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk