WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Show off your CITIZEN NY0040/NY0045

990K views 3K replies 521 participants last post by  rc2300156 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi folks, i'm quite new to WUS, i was wondering, how could it be that a watch such as the mighty CITIZEN NY0040/NY0045 which in my point of view, is no lesser to SEIKO SKX007/009 (which i own as well), gets far little attention, i'm not getting in to the old debate, of which is better, both equally amazing to me, with pros and cons. what i do think is that CITIZEN NY0040/NY0045 should get more cyberspace, the reason i posted this thread, is to try and enrich the visual knowledge about this truely amazing watch :)

So without further ado Show off your CITIZEN NY0040/NY0045

See less See more
#246 ·
I think the marketing of the watch may not have been as fierce as the skx seiko series. Its on my to get list but there isnt alot of posting and attention around it. I would like one but i fear it wont look right on my larger wrist. We'll see though. PS I like the unique placement of the crown and the history behind the watch with the italian navy.

#249 ·
Very interested in your thoughts on the perlon when you get it, I've been eyeing one too.

#251 · (Edited)
And I just got my Perlon... Feels odd like really cheap stiff nylon but actually wears quite comfortable. There's no holes so it fits perfectly. I might venture to guess there's more expensive choices out there but all I found was this one from whatchs.com

#253 · (Edited)
I ordered the original stainless steel bracelet for my NY0040 a few days ago and can't wait for it to arrive (ebay). All the pictures I saw here are amazing, simply because I love this watch...everything else is a matter of taste. Such a classic dive watch...beautiful.
I do have to comment on the video that was posted few pages ago...I was unable to stop laughing...the accent of the guy who made the video and the way he describes some features of the watch. Since the word "parody" is included in the name of the video, my conscious ic clear! :D

Here's my 0040 on a silicone based strap...very good strap for pulling it over a wetsuit...very stretchy...AND much needed detail was for the ss bracelet to have an extension for wetsuit...I was just simply happy when I saw that...I love this watch...I had this watch on my first deep dive...awesome classic!

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Wrist Fashion accessory

#254 ·
Bought about 6 classic dive watches in the last month or so, including a Seiko Monster and a SKX009, but the NY0040 is a clear favourite! Looks awesome on mesh...

Personal protective equipment Watch Glass Collection

#255 ·

This is mine. Got it last week.

The bezel insert is beat up. The hands are not in good condition. The dial... OKish...

The lume is close to dead... Movement OK, keeps good time... Case & bezel are good relative to the bezel insert. Crystal is excellent. I suspect it was replaced by previous owner.

Questions...

1. Where can I buy replacement dial and hands set?

2. I found on ebay the hands & dial set for NY2300. Will they fit in NY0040? I know the hands will, but the dial? I have no experience working on citizen before. This is my first. I know in a seiko the feet won't be the same placement for differetn crown position. Is citizen the same?

#258 · (Edited)
Just got myself a Citizen NY0046 today, after several months of searching. I'm very happy with its lume dial's (glow-in-the-dark) performance.
Now, the next thing I'm gonna do is, to change the rubber band, with a shark mesh bracelet. It may become the first NY0046 on the internet, since there is no picture of "Mesh Bracelet NY0046" on the net :)