WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Show off your CITIZEN NY0040/NY0045

990K views 3K replies 521 participants last post by  rc2300156 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi folks, i'm quite new to WUS, i was wondering, how could it be that a watch such as the mighty CITIZEN NY0040/NY0045 which in my point of view, is no lesser to SEIKO SKX007/009 (which i own as well), gets far little attention, i'm not getting in to the old debate, of which is better, both equally amazing to me, with pros and cons. what i do think is that CITIZEN NY0040/NY0045 should get more cyberspace, the reason i posted this thread, is to try and enrich the visual knowledge about this truely amazing watch :)

So without further ado Show off your CITIZEN NY0040/NY0045

See less See more
#276 ·
Well, now that that's settled....

Here's a picture of a Citizen NY0040!

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Wrist

#278 ·
Lume dial on a grey canvas strap from strapcode,

Fashion accessory Wrist Jewellery Watch Ring

Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Analog watch Wrist

#280 · (Edited)
Sorry guys!

I just realized that I'm in the wrong thread!!!!

I Just received this one in the mail.
CB0010-53L blue dial

Attachments

#281 · (Edited)
Citizen CB0010-53L Blue Dial

Here are a couple of additional pics

Attachments

#296 ·
Unfortunately that's about the price you get for this OEM Citizen Promaster bracelet. Remember paying something like this early last year for mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#297 ·
I got this guy in the mail yesterday. It's a Citizen 59S00012 - I got the idea from a post I saw on Network 54. I modified the bracelet by drilling out the spring bar holes to accept the original fat ones on the watch (I wanted the extra shear strength from the fat bars) with a #55 drill. I may enlarge the holes with a #54, as the bars are a close fit to the bracelet as is. Finally, I rounded off the corners of the end links with a mill bastard to better match the case. I think the watch looks pretty handsome on bracelet!

#300 ·
You guys twisted my arm ... here's my one ... bought it back in January.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

It's been keeping good time, at about + 7spd, give or take a few seconds. Bought a nice OM bracelet for it last week from a US dealer and it looks sweet with that on. Also bought a Chimarea mid brown leather with deployment clasp to go with it - inspired by a previous post - and I really like the look of that too.

Very happy with this Citizen.

--Pete

#303 · (Edited)
Got mine 2nd hand. I think I got lucky as mine has been averaging about +2 seconds per day. I rarely get an automatic that is under +/- 4 sec / day. My best Seiko 7005 and 7009 are -7, +9 average per day respectfully.

Did not care for the 4 band Zulu, so I made it a 2 band. Then purchased a $20 band via eBay (sold as being compatible) as a temporary measure till I source an authentic Citizen band. This inexpensive band needed to have the pointy lug ends shaved with a Dremel, some material shaved off the curved centers and some bending before it would even fit. Not the best result, I'll be adjusting / trimming these end pieces a little better when I have more time. Band color is a bit more yellow toned. Then again it's less than $20. Next upgrade will be a domed Sapphire crystal from Yobokies. I'd like to do a hour / minute hand mod too. This watch is a keeper.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Wrist Finger Strap Hand Fashion accessory

Fashion accessory Jewellery Silver Gemstone Silver

Metal

I might try to source out a rubber strap with curved ends so that it looks like one of my other divers. I personally don't care for the factory band.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Metal

#305 ·
hi guys,
I really like this little diver ... not too sure why, as for me it is on the smaller side, plus is an auto which is less practical for my use --- but, it just looks really cute imo. plus it has a quality feel to it imo.
currently got my eye on a used one on the bay ;)
cheers
dan

#306 ·