WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Show off your CITIZEN NY0040/NY0045

990K views 3K replies 521 participants last post by  rc2300156 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi folks, i'm quite new to WUS, i was wondering, how could it be that a watch such as the mighty CITIZEN NY0040/NY0045 which in my point of view, is no lesser to SEIKO SKX007/009 (which i own as well), gets far little attention, i'm not getting in to the old debate, of which is better, both equally amazing to me, with pros and cons. what i do think is that CITIZEN NY0040/NY0045 should get more cyberspace, the reason i posted this thread, is to try and enrich the visual knowledge about this truely amazing watch :)

So without further ado Show off your CITIZEN NY0040/NY0045

See less See more
#5 ·
#4 ·
I think the citizen indices are nicer , I also like the handset better , I would say that due to the abundance of readily available parts choices for modding for the Seiko is the main reason it gets 10x the attention , I want to buy a citizen NY though

#6 ·
i get what you're saying, modding is one thing to consider(though i have seen citizen ny modding), i do believe that the vast difference in attention btween the skx007 and ny0040, is mostly brand oriented, James Bond wore Seiko a couple of times, as well as Arnold Schwarzenegger, don't know about counterpoints with citizen, historically. perhaps the main difference is pr, fanbase/fanboys... when more people talk good of your brand, it eventually will be regarded superior, and be more popular, which can accord the skx007, a critical mass, that the ny0040 is need of.

#7 · (Edited)
hi folks, i finaly found an original ny0040 bracelet on the bay, so i pulled the trigger and bought it, quite a nice bracelet, promaster emblem on the clasp, and really cool diver extension, that give it a more professional pedigree than let's say my skx007/009 jubilee bracelet :) though the bracelet made out of folded links and not solid ones, it feels ok, and i like it :) here are some photos of my ny0040 with the bracelet :)

#528 ·
Got the same bracelet. It is very good. And, I still have all of the hair on my wrists. ;-) :)

hi folks, i finaly found an original ny0040 bracelet on the bay, so i pulled the trigger and bought it, quite a nice bracelet, promaster emblem on the clasp, and really cool diver extension, that give it a more professional pedigree than let's say my skx007/009 jubilee bracelet :) though the bracelet made out of folded links and not solid ones, it feels ok, and i like it :) here are some photos of my ny0040 with the bracelet :)
View attachment 1253723
View attachment 1253724
View attachment 1253725
View attachment 1253726
View attachment 1253727
View attachment 1253728
View attachment 1253729
View attachment 1253730

#17 · (Edited)
I have the NY0045 for a few years now, been wearing it as part of my rotation on a tire-thread rubber. The watch on the OEM bracelet looks so cool, and this truly is a versatile watch! :-!

I think what I need now is to get the bracelet to give it a new look. :think:

Thanks to the OP who started this appreciation thread for this awesome Diver watch!

Reactions: Makhno
#24 ·
Great little watch indeed, and the size is perfect for my 7'' wrist. The only thing wrong with mine is the lumed hands on the lumed dial. I don't know why many companies do that. It's wrong, these hands should be all black for better night visibility. Anyways, I bought some black paint and I'm planing to paint them soon.

shown here on 22mm rubber strap, but it's now on mesh, which is my favorite combo.

#31 ·
Yeah I am aware they are diver watches but I wasn't sure about the ISO certification hehe

I love that 09W and am currently stalking some on eBay, maybe I get lucky because they sell new for about €180 and I really don't want to pay too close to that for a used one.

#34 · (Edited)
After 10yrs later, the 1st one flew to me from an original owner and he sold me the Mango Yellow NY40with original papers that he found two mths after the sale of NY40.

Then nearly two yrs after having the 1st yellow NY40. A 2nd NY40 appeared in my sight and I missed it. Few mths later, the owner decide to sell it away for something else that his eyes set on. Now, I am so glad to have these two Yellow Mango NY40 in my possession ,after having see one on a friend's wrist some 12-13yrs ago.

#35 · (Edited)
Nothing wrong with this watch |>

I did sell it however to make room for a grail...or two. I had a domed sapphire installed which made a lot of difference to it's already abundant wrist presence. The main issue I had with it was that on my 8 inch plus wrist it would only look good with the wider z22 starp or Bonetto Cinturini which I notched to suit. Oh... also, my wife didn't like the dial colour 'cause she said it looked like a fruit tingle :-d I found the movement to be more resilient to construction site abuse than it's Seiko counterparts that are powered by the 7S26.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Material property

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap