Show off your SKX007/009s! - Page 32
Like Tree19074Likes

Thread: Show off your SKX007/009s!

Page 32 of 763 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 82 132 532 ... LastLast

Re: How's adding a SKX011-K fit into this thread...

it is sapphire. noah fuller at 10watches.com sells them. Mine is ordered and I am expecting the delivery (can't wait!!!)

Mike
    Casio G-Shock Mudman "Men in Smoky Gray" GW-9300GY-1JF
    Casio MTD-1054D-1AVEF on Praetorian DiverTec Extrem Nato Strap

My photography blog: Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Yes as Mike said it's sapphire and you can get it here.

Hmmm. Thanks. That site is full of interesting stuff. A bit hard to navigate though. I really need to have some one install for me however. Also need my movement regulated - has been running about 20 sec. fast a day.

Quote Originally Posted by strongblackcoffee View Post
    it is sapphire. noah fuller at 10watches.com sells them. Mine is ordered and I am expecting the delivery (can't wait!!!)

Mike

Here's my just completed 007 mod. Crystal is a domed AR-coated sapphire from Yobokies. Chapter ring, dial, minute and hour hands are from Jay at Motor City Watch Works as is the 3-position regulated movement. I really liked the dial design in how it has a 3-6-9 display, yet still allows for a day and date to be readily viewed. For some reason, I felt the stock white second hand from a Monster looked better with the plongeur hands, so on it went. I felt the original lume of the dial was a little weak (albeit nice looking) so I modded the dial by adding a thick layer of lume to the indices and then hitting it with a coat of flat glosscoat to seal everything up. You can see the intensity of the original lume in the lume shots. I also thickened the lume on the hands. Now it glows like a torch and easily lasts 8+ hours. I capped everything off with a glass caseback and added an orange-trimmed Maratac strap to match the orange plongeur hand. I think it looks nice enough as a casual/dressy watch for all but the most formal situations. (I actually built this in response to my wife's complaint about my modded orange monster (the Lum-onster) I was wearing while out on our Valentine's Day date. She thinks an orange dial doesn't look dressy enough.)

Last edited by j-san; February 20th, 2011 at 23:33. Reason: typos
    pda4live, speedy1, mitadoc and 4 others like this.

Hi j-san,
    That looks damm cool, what type of lume did you use? great job, thanks

Ok, newbie question here. Does anyone know if Noah will except a 007 I have and do the dome sapphire install? I absolutely have no clue/talent in the watch mods :) Thanks in advance for the answer!

htpcorsica,

Thanks! Glad you like it. The lume used is Noctilumina blue on the indices and green on the hands.

petersenjp, not sure if Noah accepts watches in for custom work, but it is fairly easy to change a crystal yourself. I bought a crystal press off Amazon for less than $20 and figured it out using this thread as a guide:

DIY Guide: How to Change Your Own Watch Crystals...
    nickswitch likes this.

007 mod with custom bezel, bezel insert, Superdome Grey AR crystal, PVD case & crown........the watch is enroute & I am super excited

Pictures courtesy - Photoshooter (without whose help I'd have never gotten my hands on this beauty)
    Time never stops, life can.

Quote Originally Posted by petersenjp View Post
    Ok, newbie question here. Does anyone know if Noah will except a 007 I have and do the dome sapphire install? I absolutely have no clue/talent in the watch mods :) Thanks in advance for the answer!
    I actually answered my own question here. I contacted motor city works for some other work and they said they can do the crystal install as well :) Happy monday everyone!

Well good. Looks like it will be Motor City for me as well. Probably go with a custom chapter ring and face, superdome and regulate.

Page 32 of 763 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 82 132 532 ... LastLast

Gear in this thread

Thread Information